Scotland for modelers

Hi all!

I'll be taking a trip to Scotland in August (Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness), and I was wandering what would the good people here on rec.models.scale would recommend to a fellow modeler to see there. Any good model shops, museums, bases etc. to visit? Especially interested in aircraft, but also ships... Thanks in advance!

-- Yours truly,

Yippee

(remove MAKNI from my e-mail adress if you want to send a message directly to me)

Reply to
Yippee

Yippee

On my last visit, Wonderland Models in Edinburgh and Jameson's in Glasgow were worth a stop.

hth

Scott G. Welch

Reply to
OSWELCH

Museum of Flight at East Fortune - 20 miles east of Edinburgh: Details on

richard CAWSEY

Museum of Flight at East Fortune - 20 miles east of Edinburgh: Details on

Richard Cawsey

inverness has a model shop in the 'arcade' in the middle of the town. it has been there for over 30 years.

agree on wonderland models in edinburgh , lothian road.

Reply to
Gary MacKenzie

Ahh well, I have seen it written that all of the British Isles has become one huge museum.

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

That's the only way to buy antiques rather than 'tat' i.e. let it grow old naturally then sell it to countries that have a short history ! ;-)

I'm putting in a bid for Ben and Glen Nevis, a great place to be in winter.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Thanks to all who responded, I'll definitively visit the shops in Edinburgh, and the Museum of Flight looks promising as well!

-- Yours truly,

Yippee

Reply to
Yippee