Model rail scotland

Hi, I'm trying to get to Model Rail Scotland in Glasgow but thanks to network Rail closing the WCML between Preston and Carlisle I have found it to be easier to travel and stay in Edinburgh and get the shuttle to Glasgow from Edinburgh for the show.

I just wish the class 47/7s were still in service :o)

Anyway, to get to the point, does anyone have a recommendation for a (cheap/inexpensive) Hotel near Waverley station?

Regards to all,

Rob.

Reply to
Robert Wilson

Best try Travelodge or Travel Inn

Reply to
Joe

Hi Rob,

Have you considered going on the Friday, as I will, when the trains are running, or are you not able to go on that day?

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

Well trains are availeble on the Friday from where I am (Newtown, Powys) but the return Journey on the Sunday is another matter entirely.

Rob.

John Lancaster wrote:

Reply to
Robert Wilson

Yes, I see, and it's some journey from Newtown! I also didn't make it clear enough that I'm actually visiting the show for the day on Friday (it's open

11:00-20:00 that day), easy enough to get there and back in one day from my home town of Morecambe!

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

I've used Travel Inn several times on trips to the UK, and find them very convenient. Prices are uniform across the country from £45.95/night (higher in city centres, close to airports and in London). Bookings can be made, altered and cancelled by Internet using credit cards.

All the purpose-built ones have totally identical room layouts - easy to find your way around in the dark!

Edinburgh City Centre (Lauriston Place) $56.95/night Fri-Sun.

MartinS

This is where all the exhibitors are staying and is a 2 min walk from the SECC

City Inn Tel: 0141 227 1026 and quote "RAIL0205"

Kenny

chief steward

modelrail-scotland.co.uk

Reply to