Fwd: Al Superczynski Passed Away Today (Jan 23)

Posted on several Yahoo and Google groups:
<I'm sorry to report that Al Superczynski passed away this morning in Little Rock, Arkansas after experiencing an allergic reaction. Many of you
know" Super Al" from his many contributions to a wide range of modeling activities, including the Alps Decal groups, the Airline groups, Nostalgia groups, RMS, and Internet Modeler - to list just a few. Al was about camaraderie, and was exceptionally generous in sharing his expertise and friendship. He will certainly be missed after making such a mark on our hobby and in the lives of those who knew him. I will be attending his memorial service and would be happy to pass any comments to his wife and family. Gene K.>
RIP Al, so very sad to hear of his passing!

My heartfelt condolences. He will be very sorely missed.
Don Harstad
This is very sad. I remember Al from the days when this site was the online focal point for all modelers. My condolences to his family and loved ones. Rest easy Al.
RobG

My condolences to Al's Family I pray that the Lord will be with each one of them to ease thier pain of loss, GOD Speed Al
That is just terrible terrible news to hear. He will be greatly missed, I had enjoyed reading his always well thought out and often very informative posts. All of my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends and loved ones. Along with my condolences to his many extended inter-net friends and loved ones here..
... Carl ..........
,,

You and a lot of us, Rob.
Although most of the original rms folks moved on long ago, Al always stayed here, a testament to his good humor, his supreme patience and his never-ending willingness to share.
It was great to meet him on this forum, and then have the pleasure of his company at recent IPMS events. A sly fox with with a constant chuckle and a huge heart.
Kevin
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Yes, please pass on my condolences; a great friend of this hobby community has gone. He'll be missed.
-- Stephen Tontoni Seattle, WA
On Jan 24, 3:59 am, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Please tell them that there are dozens, if not hundreds, of people who never even met Al personally who are truly sorry to hear of his passing and who will miss him for years to come. People like me. -- C.R. Krieger (Been here since 1995)
I can only second that.
Only met Al once, in the IPMS meet in Orlando, oh, eight years or so ago. Very good man, friendly, both in person and online.
He will indeed be missed.
Farewell, Al.

I too am one of the many who never met Al, but have read hundreds, if not thousands of his posts, and feel like I know him. He has always been quick to help when he could...which was often. The news of his passing comes as a shock, and he will be sorely missed in this little community. Please pass on our condolences to his family.
Doug Wagner
A sad day indeed. RIP, AL....... When I got back into this hobby a year or so ago and asked for help on this board, Al was the first to jump in and guide me in the right direction. He will be missed by everyone.
C.R. Krieger wrote:

And me.
I've been looking through a few of Al's "Old Kit Corner" reviews on Internet Modeler. I've had a bit of a sad smile over the way he signed off his columns: "Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to".
Excellent advice, Al. Thanks for everything.
--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.
And also like me, please pass my condolences to wife and family. All was never late to offer assistance when asked on the net, I never met him in person, but I feel that I somehow knew him anyway, I feel for his family.
--

Claus Gustafsen
Strandby Denmark
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Very sad. You can tell a lot about a person from their newsgroup posting. Al was a great guy.
I'd like to echo the comments and sentiments expressed here... The modelling community at large has lost a great friend and mentor.
I first exchanged posts and emails with Al when I bought my first PC some 12 years ago and his "ROTFLMAO" response to "funnies" I used to send him always made me smile.
My prayers are with his family.
Al, I'll miss you.
Chris Hughes England
Although only "knowing" Al from the Internet here overseas in The Netherlands, always enjoyed his words and reflections on our hobby.
my respects and condolences, Meindert
Meindert wrote:

I was one of many who was lucky enough to be able to spend some time with Al at various IPMS conventions when R.M.S. had their Thursday evening get togethers. We did tip a couple and spend some time visiting since I'm originally an "Arkie". Al was one of the most congenial and helpful individuals I've ever met; always ready to lend a hand and give good advice when asked. I can only echo what many have already said....he'll be greatly missed. Cliff Davis "continous since 1968" Highlands Ranch, Colorado one of Als tag lines (and me too)
A personal loss as well as a Group loss. I received many useful tips from Al and exchanged humorous banter with him over many years.
Art Murray

Please add my condolences to Al's family.