Fwd: Al Superczynski Passed Away Today (Jan 23)

Posted on several Yahoo and Google groups:

Reply to
avnav526

Hub & Diane Plott

This is very sad. I remember Al from the days when this site was the online focal point for all modelers. My condolences to his family and loved ones. Rest easy Al.

RobG

Reply to
RobG

My condolences to Al's Family I pray that the Lord will be with each one of them to ease thier pain of loss, GOD Speed Al

Reply to
Daryl

That is just terrible terrible news to hear. He will be greatly missed, I had enjoyed reading his always well thought out and often very informative posts. All of my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends and loved ones. Along with my condolences to his many extended inter-net friends and loved ones here..

... Carl ..........

,,

Reply to
cyberborg 4000

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

You and a lot of us, Rob.

Although most of the original rms folks moved on long ago, Al always stayed here, a testament to his good humor, his supreme patience and his never-ending willingness to share.

It was great to meet him on this forum, and then have the pleasure of his company at recent IPMS events. A sly fox with with a constant chuckle and a huge heart.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Carroll

Please tell them that there are dozens, if not hundreds, of people who never even met Al personally who are truly sorry to hear of his passing and who will miss him for years to come. People like me.

-- C.R. Krieger (Been here since 1995)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

I can only second that.

Only met Al once, in the IPMS meet in Orlando, oh, eight years or so ago. Very good man, friendly, both in person and online.

He will indeed be missed.

Farewell, Al.

hundreds, of people who

Reply to
egmccann

Reply to
dancho

I too am one of the many who never met Al, but have read hundreds, if not thousands of his posts, and feel like I know him. He has always been quick to help when he could...which was often. The news of his passing comes as a shock, and he will be sorely missed in this little community. Please pass on our condolences to his family.

Doug Wagner

Reply to
Doug Wagner

And me.

I've been looking through a few of Al's "Old Kit Corner" reviews on Internet Modeler. I've had a bit of a sad smile over the way he signed off his columns: "Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to".

Excellent advice, Al. Thanks for everything.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

A sad day indeed. RIP, AL....... When I got back into this hobby a year or so ago and asked for help on this board, Al was the first to jump in and guide me in the right direction. He will be missed by everyone.

Reply to
Count DeMoney

I'd like to echo the comments and sentiments expressed here... The modelling community at large has lost a great friend and mentor.

I first exchanged posts and emails with Al when I bought my first PC some 12 years ago and his "ROTFLMAO" response to "funnies" I used to send him always made me smile.

My prayers are with his family.

Al, I'll miss you.

Chris Hughes England

Reply to
Chris Hughes

My heartfelt condolences. He will be very sorely missed.

Don Harstad

Reply to
Don Harstad

A personal loss as well as a Group loss. I received many useful tips from Al and exchanged humorous banter with him over many years.

Art Murray

Reply to
Art Murray

And also like me, please pass my condolences to wife and family. All was never late to offer assistance when asked on the net, I never met him in person, but I feel that I somehow knew him anyway, I feel for his family.

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

Al was always there with help for all of us to become better modelers - but more importantly - showing us by example how to be better people... Thanks for every thing Al.

Jack G.

Reply to
Jack G

me too, havent got a clue.....

hell look at my website, hundreds of fotos of this pig ugly limey, but on Als website not a one....

Mind you, i dont know what you look like Bill, but i guess cameras didnt exhist when you was a lad ;-)

Reply to
Jules