Straightening Resin

I have a couple of 1/72 late mark Spitfires by CMR which both have warped fuselages. What is the best way of straightening them?

I had thought of building the interior and then gluing that to one side before strongly tapering the second side to the first but as I want to detail the interior differently so that it includes a representation of the lower fuselage I will probably replace the supplied interior.

Any advice please.

Thanks in advance

Gondor

Reply to
Gondor

Gondor - I have straightened resin in times past by dipping them in very hot (not rolling boil) water. They should resume their original molded shape. A few minutes in the fridge to cool them off will help keep them them in their desired shape. Hope this helps.

Reply to
The Old Man

Soak the part in very hot (not boiling) water until it becomes flexible; don't worry, it won't melt. Straighten it, and while holding it in the correct shape, dunk it in cold water or hold under the faucet. (It may help to hold the part against a flat object while you do this.) When the resin cools, it will hold the new shape.

Reply to
Wayne C. Morris