Fwd: Al Superczynski Passed Away Today (Jan 23)

Does anyone have a picture of Al? I've been corresponding with him off and on for 30 years and I've no idea what he looked like.

Bill Banaszak

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Oh didn't you know? Michelangelo did me in stone. Somehow the wrong name got attached. There aren't any Davids in our family. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

skrev i en meddelelse news:46Gth.1689$ snipped-for-privacy@newsreading01.news.tds.net...

Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen

Although only "knowing" Al from the Internet here overseas in The Netherlands, always enjoyed his words and reflections on our hobby.

my respects and condolences, Meindert

Reply to
Meindert

He used to have his ID pic on his site, but he got a few laughs about it (deer-in-headlights mug shot type) so must have taken it down since then.

M. J. Rudy

AT hotmail DOT com

Reply to
M. J. Rudy

Bit o' trivia for you. Michaelangelo got one thing wrong on that statute. Jewish lads are usually circumcized..........

Reply to
The Old Man

Probably the top of his head, behind a stack of kit boxes, like most of us.

Reply to
tomcervo

And right now he's walking into a hobby shop, where all the paint is new and in stock. All the new decals are there, with every sheet Microscale every printed. The vacforms are all cut out and sanded, with injection canopies. There's a shelf with Tamiya test-shots of new molds. Every box has a painting on by John Steele, Jack Lynwood or Shigeo Koike, and all those boxes are unsealed.

Reply to
tomcervo

Oh no!!! I often corresponded with Al. It was a very good guy with an intellectual honesty without defect.

I had many difficulties considering in the message announcing the death, hoping that it was a bad joke, but today I think that it is necessary for me to believe in it, and I am sincerely very sad.

Pour sa famille et ses amis, please accept my very sincere friendships and condolences.

Chris (from France)

Reply to
Flying Frog

I was one of many who was lucky enough to be able to spend some time with Al at various IPMS conventions when R.M.S. had their Thursday evening get togethers. We did tip a couple and spend some time visiting since I'm originally an "Arkie". Al was one of the most congenial and helpful individuals I've ever met; always ready to lend a hand and give good advice when asked. I can only echo what many have already said....he'll be greatly missed. Cliff Davis "continous since 1968" Highlands Ranch, Colorado one of Als tag lines (and me too)

Reply to
Ol' 45

Yes, bad news indeed. I also always enjoyed his posts and comments and e-mail conversations with him. He will indeed be missed on and off line.

My heartfelt condolences go out to his family, friends and loved ones and I wish them all the strength they need in these difficult times and the difficult times to come.

Godspeed Al !!!

Dennis Loep

Reply to
Mechanical Menace II

Goodbye Al, me and all the modelers who appreciated you hope, no we are sure, you are in heaven now. Pietro (from Italy)

Reply to
Pietro

A mutual friend wrote to let me know that "Modeler Al" had passed on. I was shocked. It seems like only yesterday that he showed up here in this group and, like some many others here, I only had an Email friendship with him. We first traded notes back and fourth when I was trying to help him understand the peculiarities of Ebay - later I was lucky enough to be invited into his Nostalgia group. Great guy!

After a years hiatus, I guess I had better start visiting this group again so that I won't be blindsided like I was with Al's death. So many of the old RMS group have wandered off over the years - - Marv Howell, Rick Clark, "Mad Matt", "The Old Sarge", and so many others - - but RMS still has a very special unmanaged appeal.

Godspeed Al. We'll all meet in that big hobbyshop in the sky, eh??

~Rick Fluke

Reply to
unamodeler

Al and I had traded a few kits over the years and I did a couple of=20 research packets for him.

Our last (now to be uncompleted) correspondence whirled around the=20 Meikraft Long Midget Mustang. We were both trying to actually do=20 accurate models of the little monster. As I have access to a real one,=20 I sent Al a packet of photos and copies of clippings. Aviation Usk had=20 sent me a couple of the decals before they went belly up. I sent an=20 extra set to Al.

Al was so on the ball that he was doing a new set, not just better=20 than the nice little Usk one, but covering several more examples as=20 well. Al was always happy to help, even if the extensive work would=20 just help one friend.

Next time you happen accross "High Flight", please think of Al when=20 you read it.

Tom

--=AD----------------------------

--=AD----------------------------

Reply to
maiesm72

snipped-for-privacy@netscape.com a formulé ce lundi :

Tom, I even forget my friends, even they are "virtual" because too far to meet with.

Reply to
Flying Frog

Après mûre réflexion, Flying Frog a écrit :

I "never", sorry, not "even", forget my friends, even they are "virtual" because too far to meet with.

Reply to
Flying Frog

Chris

I guarentee that your English is far superior to my French! I'll be in=20 Marseilles on June 3 and Monte Carlo, Cannes and Nice on June 4.=20 That's when I'll REALLY be remonded just how bad my French is !

Cheers,

Tom

--=AD----------------------------

--=AD----------------------------

Reply to
maiesm72

I just finished cleaning out old e-mails and was astounded at what I=20 found.

There were a couple from Al discussing our Midget Mustang project.=20 When I sent the research packet and Aviation Usk decal to him he=20 started working on the larger decal that I mentoned before.

Before that, however, he did the prelimenary work of improving the Usk=20 decal. The Kendall and Sohio emblems were improved, the registration=20 identity N6V and race number 67 were improved and he added a red and=20 black wing root panel with white "NO STEP".

In going through old e-mails I found the color scan that Al had sent=20 to keep me up to date on the project.

It's large, but I'll take it to the printer and reduce it to proper=20 size tomorrow. It now goes to the top of the stack.

Thanks, Al. Yo were, indeed, "Super Al"

Tom.

--=AD----------------------------

--=AD----------------------------

Reply to
maiesm72

Le [Jour] 30/01/2007, snipped-for-privacy@netscape.com a écrit :

Argh to far from me! :-( If you come to Saumur, to visit the best Tanks Museum in the world, feel free to tell it to me... ;o)

Reply to
Flying Frog

Sorry to be so late in responding to the news of Al's death.

I never met Al or corresponded directly with him. In fact, until I read recent posts about him, I had no idea how much this hobby owed to him. I do know, though, that this group will be very much the poorer for his absence. He was so much a part of our landscape.

I hope his family are coping OK.

Gordon McLaughlin

Our last (now to be uncompleted) correspondence whirled around the Meikraft Long Midget Mustang. We were both trying to actually do accurate models of the little monster. As I have access to a real one, I sent Al a packet of photos and copies of clippings. Aviation Usk had sent me a couple of the decals before they went belly up. I sent an extra set to Al.

Al was so on the ball that he was doing a new set, not just better than the nice little Usk one, but covering several more examples as well. Al was always happy to help, even if the extensive work would just help one friend.

Next time you happen accross "High Flight", please think of Al when you read it.

Tom

Reply to
Gordon McLaughlin