Dried out old sanding sealer

Been doing some serious cleaning in the workshop and I came across some old Sig butyrate sanding sealer that has solidified. Is it a total lost or is there some way I can salvage it with some acetone or similar?

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

Have you tried the obvious Sig dope thinner? That should do the trick.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Thought about that but that would require me to make another purchase. If I was going to do that I would just purchase another bottle of SS.

I was just curious if there something I might already have on hand that would do the trick.

Oh well, I'll go buy a new bottle. It's not like it's expensive.

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

On the label, what's it claim as the solvent? MSDS from Sig would probably divulge that information. That's pretty much all you need to replace unless it's some sort of weirdo combination that would have you buying a bunch of different chemicals. I've got MEK, IBK, Acetone, Lacquer thinner, and standard paint thinner on hand...

Working for an automotive paint company has its perks...

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

just get annother bottle ,it's not worth trying to re-dissolve

Reply to
spiff