E estes motors

I need to know whether a E*-P can be used for a booster stage. (* standing for a number, pretty sure a 9) Anyone with any experience with this? If it doesn't, can a single stage motor be used as a booster? thanx in advance

Reply to
Enigma

Can the plugged motors be used as motors for strap on boosters, where you don't even want an ejection charge? -- Richard "strap on & ejection......just waiting for the "funny remarks" Hickok

Reply to
Rhhickok

Yes.

Randy

Reply to
Stephen DeArman

Yes, but they'll likely stay strapped on. I thought the intent of strap-ons was for them to separate when they burned out (ie, after ejection) while the inboards kept thrusting.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

That depends. If you are approximating optimal thrust in a sport rocket, the strap ons help accelerate the rocket to the optimal velocity, and the sustainer simply sustains the optimal velocity with little acceleration. If there is little acceleration, there is no point in dumping the mass of the spent strap ons. Furthermore, even if there is some sustainer acceleration, it may not be enough to offset the added mass of the strap on stage/separation mechanism.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

You forgot to say so you will be thinking/talking/posting in that voice FOREVER.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine