Need An atmosnaut

I'd do this myself, but I want to watch the flight. I need an atmosnaut to fly my outhouse.

I'm building a classic, functioning wooden outhouse (I think it'll need to function during flight), and I'm going to put four motors on it, one in each corner. Then, to allow for reasonably vertical flight, and in case one of the four motors doesn't light, I'm going to have a fifth motor in a sort of gimbal mounted joystick in the middle of the floor. By holding the top end of the stick, the atmosnaut will actually be able to steer the central motor and thereby fly the outhouse. Apogee will require opening the door and exiting in time to deploy a personal parachute. I'm still pondering how to get the outhouse back; having the four sides fall out to the side by using an angled locking hinge arrangement at each wall's base so that I get four rotors to spin it down slowly is seeming a bit complicated. At any rate, this'll be a safe flight; I'm going to have a couple of carpenter's levels mounted on the interior walls, and we'll use the outhouse as a simulator before the flight, having someone outside shake it while the atmosnaut practices corrections with the steering motor assembly.

If there are very many volunteers, I may need to do a lottery to pick the lucky atmosnaut.

-- Pull MYFINGER to e-mail me

Paul Wake

I see Steve Bennett has a new screen name ;)

Reply to
RayDunakin

You sound flush with excitement. I know that you'll get a lot of crap over this project, but I'm sure you'll wipe yourself off. If people call this a toy let it pass through. Some people are just anal-retentive. Your outhouse project will give you the runs...er I mean flights that you deserve. You do realize the paperwork required to complete this flight, correct?

I do think you should find a special place to launch this. A small promontory favored by rap stars would be good. Remember to build two launch pads, but always launch from the first. This is a flight that deserves to fly from "Def A Cape."

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

I volunteer Kevin Trojanowski. I think he's just the right sucker for the job! :-)

cp

Reply to
Chuck Pierce

Gee, Chuck, that's might generous of you!

Been sniffing too many exhaust by-products at work again???? 8-}

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Yeah, a little too much left control stick and he'll be a dirtronaut.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

Why not launch it on some hybrid motors, then, you could write on the interior walls "Here I sit broken hearted, thought I sh**, but only farted"............. David NAR#79313

Reply to
Dlogan

Nope. "High Velocity Geonaut"!

tah