ebay auction: 1961 estes catalog

1961 Estes Catalog #261 and related items
DGH
Reply to
doug holverson

Gotta love that high tech, full color catalog! ; )

Randy

<randyolb

Very Interesting! (in Artie Johnson's German soldier accent)

Your copy of the Estes 1961 Catalog #261 definitely has Estes' Denver address. The #261 catalog on Sven's site,

has the Penrose Box # address. The Estes (family and company) move from Denver to Penrose must have occurred during this catalog run. What an incredible time this must have been for them.

I can't find (Google) any reference to a 1962 Estes catalog. I vaguely recall a post on oldrockets or rmr that the #261 catalog was shipped during the first part of 1962, until the 1963 (#631) catalog came out. I may be wrong here. Anyone have a 1962 Estes catalog, or details?

Doug, have you compared, page by page, your 261 catalog to the one on the Ninfinger site? Yours has different colored paper pages and cover. The one on Ninfingers appears to be all white pages. Are there any other differences? If your catalog is cleaner than the scan on Ninfingers, perhaps Sven (an all of us) would appreciate a scan from yours ;-)

Wouldn't it be a kick to have originals of the kits in this catalog, or a few of the B16-0 and B16-5 engines (page 8, 16 lb. AVERAGE thrust, .07 thrust duration). "Hey, the fins didn't come off this time!"

Harold Bradtke

Reply to
Harold Bradtke