Electronics Bays

I need to securely anchor two pieces of tube to an electronics bay. Epoxy is a no go as I wouldn't be able to remove the bay. I was thinking of using wood screws like I have used to secure many other things. Is there anything wrong with this. I know I need to be careful as the screws will intrude into the bay. Would I be better off using a machine screw with some type of bolt epoxyied on the inside to hold it. Would using nylon bolts provide any advantage?

Reply to
Stephen

Alex Mericas

If it's permanent, wood screws are OK, If it's going to be removed and reinstalled, go with machine screws and inserts.

Nylon bolts make sense where weight is critical, or where you WANT them to BREAK under certain conditions.

Bob Kaplow

Yes McMaster does sell them. IIRC the per unit at least half the price of PML but the min. quantity is higher.

I've used these on for ebay's & they worked fine. I use 6 on 4" airframe & 4 oon 2.1"

Phil Stein

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein