Estes Canadian Arrow

On a website, someone mentioned that if you remove 4.4 inches from the body tube...the Estes Canadian Arrow is pretty much the same kit as the old (Maxi?)
V-2. Is this correct?
--

Greg Heilers
yep. Might need to add some more nose weight.

Yes, the BT-80 (2.6") V-2, but not the Maxi-V2, which was 4".
You can also easily kitbash it into an A-4B or A-9.
I believe the Maxi-V2 was a BT-101 rocket? I'm sure someone here knows for sure. I chopped down my Canadian Arrow kit and made a V2 out of it. 4.4" sounds about right, though I can't remember exactly how much I cut off.
You will need more noseweight for it. I used lead shot and epoxy instead of the clay.
--
Joe Michel
NAR 82797 L2