Estes Canadian Arrow

On a website, someone mentioned that if you remove

4.4 inches from the body tube...the Estes Canadian Arrow is pretty much the same kit as the old (Maxi?) V-2. Is this correct?
Reply to
Greg Heilers

yep. Might need to add some more nose weight.

Roy nar12605

Reply to
Roy Green

Yes, the BT-80 (2.6") V-2, but not the Maxi-V2, which was 4".

You can also easily kitbash it into an A-4B or A-9.

Reply to
Me

I believe the Maxi-V2 was a BT-101 rocket? I'm sure someone here knows for sure. I chopped down my Canadian Arrow kit and made a V2 out of it. 4.4" sounds about right, though I can't remember exactly how much I cut off.

You will need more noseweight for it. I used lead shot and epoxy instead of the clay.

Reply to
J.A. Michel