Final Rocket Challenge Comment & Survey

...I bet, if each launch had been given a "5 count", instead of a "10 count", the whole show would have gone a lot faster. ;O/

Which brings me to wonder... maybe this is a regional thing, like "coke" vs. "soda" vs. "pop".

What's the typical countdown given at launches in your home state?

- 10 count - 5 count - Sometimes either - Other ______

Reply to
BB

I was at LDRS and I seem to recall the 10 count only being used for the big launches and for contest launches. Guess what Discovery Channel showed?

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

...interesting - maybe the producers liked the ten-count, and decided to edit this into each launch, regardless of what was actually spoken?

I'll have to replay the countdowns and check to see if they sound the same.

Reply to
BB

5
Reply to
Jerry Irvine

well, I've never simply heard

"FIRE IN THE WHOLE!" ;o)

5 second countdown is the norm in the launches I've attended

- iz

BB wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Ummm.. anything I fly: 5 minute talk-up, National Anthem, O, Canada and slow 20 count.

Other HPR's: 5 count. Fast in general, or slow if someone refers to me as "Mr. President".

Mod rocs: 3 count (except Fred Taverni's Black Brants or anything Richard Hickok flies, which get 5 counts).

Fast 3 counts and a 4 rack layover "o> ...I bet, if each launch had been given a "5 count", instead of a

Reply to
Gene Costanza

Sibling rivalry. - I didn't realize you two were related.

8-)

Phil Ste>"oops-I-missed-your-rocket-with-electronics-burning" to anyone who makes

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

It's called "pop" no matter that brand of soft drink it is. :-)

I noticed the 10 count launches as well. 5 count is the norm.

-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Was Dad there?

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

five if they count fast, if we can't get em to count fast, we tell to start at three.

note: we usualy have a go/no go list before countdown (video, tracking, aircraft, cameras, etc)

Reply to
tater schuld

Counts we have used at OkRA launches:

5-count 3-count 9,1,1 42,42,42

The rockets don't seem to know the difference.

sooner dot boomer at gbrobline dot com

Reply to
Dan Major
7, 5, 3, 2, 1

Estes Prime Number Explorer

Dan Major wrote:

Reply to
David Schultz

Ready on the left, ready on the right, ready on the firing line, fire.

Reply to
AlMax714

34 21 13 8 5 3 2 1 1 0 ...

The Fibonacci Series Explorer.

-John

Reply to
John DeMar

(6.0221367 x 10^23), (6.0221367 x 10^23)-1, (6.0221367 x 10^23)-2 ...

Avogadro's Number Explorer

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

5,4, DOH!

The Homer Sequence

Reply to
Gary

Gary wrote in news:3FB33651.7070307@below:

(2^127)-1, (2^67)-1, (2^31)-1, (2^19)-1, (2^17)-1, (2^13)-1, (2^7)-1, (2^

5)-1, (2^3)-1, (2^2)-1, 0

Counting down by the lowest 10 Mersenne Primes.

sooner dot boomer at gbronline dot com

Reply to
Dan Major

Someone should do a video of these various countdowns so I can put them on the website!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...

I prefer counting up. I'm an optimist.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

Well, I'm not waiting around for my submission to finish...

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White