Finally found the New Estes 36 D Squared

Whoever said that it was a D cluster and 36" long, wins.

Thomas Koszuta

Go to ehobbies to view the new Estes 36 D Squared #2116. This rocket is

36" long and is powered by two "D" motors and has a unique design. Using BT-70's, two BT-50's and back to BT-70 to a 60/70 transistion to a BT-60 then a Baby Bertha nose cone.

36 D Squared relates to the motor type and length, and will be out in September. Check out ehobbies for other Estes kits coming out.

Reply to
butlerrocketman

That's....disturbing. Whoever thought Estes would market a product referred to as a 36 double D? And the esthetics are clearly aimed at kids. Me, I like my Pro Series Impulse.

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

By the name of it and the curves on it, I'd say we have a flying boob!!!! ;-)

Reply to
J.A. Michel

I wonder how much they paid for that marketing advice? Obviously it's not their rocket designers working in the marketing department.

Just be sure to look for it in the _kids_toys_ section at wally-world.

Glen

Reply to
Glen Overby

A SPEV!!!

Bob Kaplow

I have been waiting many weeks for you to notice that.

Thank you. My wait is over.

Reply to
shreadvector

It would be a SPEV if it actually used any parts that were spare parts, but nothings been done in a BT70 for many moon. Everything else is going to be new plastic parts, I bet.

Reply to
Roy Green

huh

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

oops, I'll take part of that back.

I forgot that one of the recent Military-theme rockets was based on BT70. It was the one with the "nipple" nose cone.

Reply to
Roy Green

What is everyone's opinion of this kit? Is there excitement over its release? Or like me (perhaps I am too old-fashioned and conservative), do some find it boring, and "butt-ugly" (those goofy fins, and attrocious paint scheme...).

(Ahhh....give me a plain, unpainted body tube, some balsa sheet, transitions, and nose cone...like the good ol' days...and a livery that looks like it might actually have been seen at White Sands or Canaveral...)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Clown shoes. Clearly designed to appeal to the eight year old boy, though the name might be for his older brother. nothing about it even makes aerodynamic sense.

Then again, I build mostly scale models, so I may have a jaundiced view. DO like two-engine clusters, though.

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

Well, at heast this photo looks pretty ugly. But it IS a cluster kit.

Yea, what he said...

Bob Kaplow