Finally found the New Estes 36 D Squared

Whoever said that it was a D cluster and 36" long, wins.
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/ehobbies-com/est2119.html

--
Tom Koszuta
Western New York Sailplane and Electric Flyers
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net writes:

A SPEV!!!
We need to ensure that actions by our government uphold the principles of a democratic society, accountable government and international law, and that all decisions are taken in a manner consistent with the Constitution.
I have been waiting many weeks for you to notice that.
Thank you. My wait is over.
It would be a SPEV if it actually used any parts that were spare parts, but nothings been done in a BT70 for many moon. Everything else is going to be new plastic parts, I bet.
writes:

huh
oops, I'll take part of that back.
I forgot that one of the recent Military-theme rockets was based on BT70. It was the one with the "nipple" nose cone.
writes:

That's....disturbing. Whoever thought Estes would market a product referred to as a 36 double D? And the esthetics are clearly aimed at kids. Me, I like my Pro Series Impulse.

I wonder how much they paid for that marketing advice? Obviously it's not their rocket designers working in the marketing department.
Just be sure to look for it in the _kids_toys_ section at wally-world.
Glen
By the name of it and the curves on it, I'd say we have a flying boob!!!! ;-)
--
Joe Michel
NAR 82797 L2
Thomas Koszuta wrote:

What is everyone's opinion of this kit? Is there excitement over its release? Or like me (perhaps I am too old-fashioned and conservative), do some find it boring, and "butt-ugly" (those goofy fins, and attrocious paint scheme...).
(Ahhh....give me a plain, unpainted body tube, some balsa sheet, transitions, and nose cone...like the good ol' days...and a livery that looks like it might actually have been seen at White Sands or Canaveral...)
--

Greg Heilers

Clown shoes. Clearly designed to appeal to the eight year old boy, though the name might be for his older brother. nothing about it even makes aerodynamic sense.
Then again, I build mostly scale models, so I may have a jaundiced view. DO like two-engine clusters, though.

Well, at heast this photo looks pretty ugly. But it IS a cluster kit.

Yea, what he said...
I'm not afraid of terrorists. I am terrorized by airport security. _george