Giant Leap Fireball

Nope, but I've seen them, and they're well made, like much of what Giant Leap sells.
That said, in a properly designed rocket, they really shouldn't be necessary.
-Kevin
Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski
I was planning to use mine as a type of piston to protect & push out the recovery gear... Not really as zipper protection.
Reply to
CJC
I wouldn't count on it for either -- as a piston, parachute material can creap down beside it, causing it to wedge, and gas can push past it.
That's what it's best suited for, I think.
-Kevin
Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski
What, specifically, do you mean by properly designed?
C'mon, Kevin--you can't just leave me hanging like that : )
Reply to
NaCl
I have used it twice now in my LOC Magnum for anti-zipper protection and it has done its job well both times. I recommend it as extra protection if you chose to build your rocket stock, without the current anti-zipper design modifications many people are using. I wanted my Magnum as stock and original as possible but also wanted to minimize the chance of a zipper and the Fireball fit the bill. wick
Reply to
wickball
Wrap your parachute in a Nomex blanket, like it was cannon wadding. your parachute tube is the cannon you know ;-)
that will push it all out.
use a blanket rated for the next larger size chute then you are using for a good seal.
Reply to
AlMax
Sufficient length recovery system that it won't cause it to snatch back when you hit the end of it. Properly sized ejection charges that don't blow it apart at Mach 23. Properly selected motors and delays.
Oh, I can. You just don't like it. 8-}
-Kevin
Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski