Revenge of the Blue Ninja

I was given an Estes Blue Ninja as a pressie.... As much as I enjoyed receiving it, that sparkle blue colour and the plastic fin assy wasn't for me.... :-)

My evil twin decided to change it........hence the Bertha NC, New MMT & Fins etc...etc...

I had removed the Blue Plastic outer layer from the BT. Under that was a silver sparkle layer. The BT was sanded and I was left with something that was coloured like corrugated roofing iron.

I installed the new MMT / Fin assy. into the Aft BT and finished doing some nice fillets with wood glue... That took 3 Days to do as it was cold with high humidity and the darn stuff wouldn't dry!

Left them for another 2 days before I started to sand them smooth and to my horror they peeled right off the BT clean as a whistle. DOH!!! You F***ing piece of Sh*t.......I think the neighbours heard me 2km away!

Now I have to slice the fillets along the fins and scape of any remaining glue with out recking it further.. And change to epoxy....which I was trying to avoid.

Another 3 or 4 days waisted....Some how I don't think I was suppose to modify this kit..... A few other tedious problems have occurred along the build.....

Can't wait to see what happens when it's launched.....hope my insurance is up to date...

Out......

Reply to
CJC

Ahhhhhh weed hopper one must learn from mistakes and make the best of the situation. Fly it if you can crash it if you must. Always have smiles as it piles!

Reply to
nitram578

Retired, Canned, Scrapped, Write Off, Ka-Put.......Shot down in a blaze of glory. Didn't even get to fly it. AFT BT / Fin Can squashed like a pan cake.

Pays not to leave rockets lying on the ground when there's little feet running about! The kid (Friends, not mine, don't have any yet...heh heh heh...) thought he was in trouble. Well he is...............now he has to help me build another. :-)

Oh well......on to the Patriot & Canadian Arrow.... Till next time......

Reply to
CJC