Blue Ninja Video

This is a test video I put together. I have some blur on lift off because the shutter speed isn't high enough in this case but it's still
interesting I think. First segment is slow motion, then launch and flight at normal speed with sound.
http://therocketryforum.com/blue1.wmv No the forum is not up, but I'm not going to let all of that bandwidth and disk space go to waste...

Nice video!!
Phil Stein wrote:

Thanks Phil :) It took some time to get that put together as I am learning to use an additional camera and a new movie editing package. I have many ideas I want to try, things like differing ground angles sequenced together to cameras mounted over the rocket looking down to ones mounted underneath(Which I have tried already with some success). This was an image from underneath my SR71 on liftoff.
http://home.earthlink.net/~tacquire/launch_vids/kilt1.jpg

What editing packages are you using?
Phil Stein wrote:

I have used ULEAD Visual Studio SE for some things but I primarily use Windows movie maker(haven't tried the latest version) and I use MovieEdit which comes with the ZoomBrowser application which comes with some of the Canon digital cameras. I purchased a new camera recently and movieedit came with it. It's fancier than windows movie maker and so far I really like it(I used it to create this blueninja video). MS is supposed to be sending me a service pack 2 disk with the new version of movie maker which I wanted to try..I didn't necessarily want SP2 but apparently MovieMaker requires it. So essentially I sometimes use up to three different programs depending on what I'm doing. Moviedit for instance doesn't have as many save options so I may import what I've done with it into MovieMaker and then export the video from there to a smaller file etc. Dan
Dan Cox wrote:

Dan, what kind of camera(s) are you using for the slow motion stuff?
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

This video was done using a canon sd400 however my normal camera is a Nikon 4300 Coolpix which is what I used to take all of the videos on the webpage: http://home.earthlink.net/~tacquire/launch_vids The canon is a new addition for me and the shutter speed is not adjustable manually in the 60fps high speed mode which means it is adjusted automatically by the camera depending on lighting conditions which is why this blue ninja video has some blur once it got going. My nikon videos on the webpage were all done at 1/1000th of a second shutter speed at about 35fps and have no blur. I will be using both cameras for various sequences I want to do.