Glue Question

I notice that several Estes kits list three glue types --- plastic cement, carpenter's glue, and liquid cement. By liquid cement do they mean CA?

Thanks.

Reply to
Jon

I hadn't noticed that. Which kits? What parts do they call for the liquid? I'm assuming liquid 'plastic' cement as many of their kits have plastic parts. The liquid flows into cracks where as the 'plastic cement' just globs where you put it.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

They mean liquid plastic cement for styrene. I've been using the Tamiya stuff - works great. You need very little of the stuff and tube cements are very hard to use without making a mess.

Paul

Reply to
Paul M. Cook©®

Pure MEK, applied in the same way, works well with styrene too, but you have to be careful with it as it's pretty aggressive.

tah

Reply to
hiltyt