Good price on Mirage color-changing paint

I happened to be in K-Mart in Raleigh, and they had the Mirage paint marked down to $15, then $14, then $8 per set!

I have no idea of this is a widespread phenomenon or just this store, but I thought I'd let y'all know.

-- David

Reply to
David

Jerry Hunnicutt

Retail for $20 and going for $8?? I'm in, I'll have to give it a try here.....BTW....what does the Ice look like? I'm guessing fade between silver blue and blue silver.

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

You know, if you're in the land of AC Moore or Michaels, a 40 or 50% off coupon gets you that paint for about 8 bucks. One carries DupliColor Mirage & the other carries Krylon's Mystique.....both a similar 3-can set of color-changing spray paint. Around here (DC), MOST locations even take the other's coupons.

-- Richard "that & aircraft plywood are about the only things I get from them anymore.....& I never go without a coupon" Hickok

Reply to
Rhhickok

Ok now, I know this is a dumb question, But where do you get these coupons for Michael's? Here in Portland, I haven't seen one yet.

John Hornsby

color-changing

Reply to
a.hornsbyiii

Sunday paper. Either in the main section or a separate flier. Absent that (cancelled my subscription), they send a Wednesday mailing with a subset of fliers plus the grocery ads.

Oh, Checker Auto has had that paint on clearance in the past.

Joel. phx

So this past week, I had 2 Michaels ads each with a 50 and 40% off. Plus dual Craftmart (4 total coupons) and JoAnns. I was able to buy booster motors at craftmart, balsa at Michaels, and honey ignore those other bag presents at JoAnns.

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Here in DC, it's the same as Joel said....ads & coupons in the Sunday & Wednesday newspaper. Sometimes they're in the A section (national & international news), sometimes in a separate sales flyer, & (I can't remember whether it's Michaels or AC Moore) but one of them puts them in the Design/ Home & Garden section sometimes. They are/were available within the store, though now many have some other verbiage occupying the space that would have had the coupon. Some cashiers will give you % off even without coupon, depending mood, cashier, or that managers policy. Choose your cashier wisely. I've gone up there with, say a Blast-Off Pack, with no coupon, & if she tries to charge me full price, I give her "Man!! I can't afford that" & she knocks off 40 or 50%.Remember, they make minumum wage (or damn near it) & can relate. It's worth a try to save $20.00 or more. Around a holiday weekend, they generally offer the increasingly rare 50% off coupon & sometimes your 2-hour limited time window 60% off coupon. This happens even with your "lesser" holidays. Without a coupon, their prices are straight list price (or seemingly more). -- Richard "organizing rocket consruction areas today" Hickok

Reply to
Rhhickok

Here in the CHicago area, they are in their sunday advertizement flyer in the newspaper.

Bob Kaplow