Heat-PROOF engine mount tubing?

You misunderstand, Phred.

At makes motors like the old B7 and E6 and similar motors with long delays. Then after manufacturing, they drill the ejection hole through the epoxy. They drill shallow for a long delay, and long for a short delay. So a B7-4 has a delay that still burns a bit after ejection, creating the Hibachi effect.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

I do not misunderstand. I posted longer messages than you snipped/quoted. I posted links to the apogee article that displays the long non-standard motors with the drilling on the ejection charge end.

I pointed out the apogee type motors are drilled on the ejection charge end, yet the RMS drilling/adjustment instructions tell you to drill on the opposite end: the combustion chamber or aft end.

The apogee type motors will have severe afterburn of the delay. More severe than Estes BP motors and more severe than RMS and more severe than "normal" modern Aerotech motors (with the screwed and secured plastic delay/ejection housings).

I do not snip so that people can see all the words that I'm responding to, AND I top post so those with a functioning memory do not have to scroll through 45 feet of message to get to a short response.

that oughta send you off in a tangent.

;)

Reply to
Fred Shecter

What's Holverson got to do with this?

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

BURMA!

Reply to
Fred Shecter

Hey! No panicking in my thread.

Reply to
Gordon S. Hlavenka

How about alum cigar tubes?

Reply to
Crusty

You can get it at Home Depot or Lowes.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

snip

We've coated the inside of the stuffers with yellow glue on some and ca on others or both. Both have been effective. Where the burn through is occurring (not all the way up) you could also add 2 or 3 plys outside the area with additional layers of tubing and coat that. It will add a small amount of weight, so check the cg.

We've got several birds with 20+ flights on them using this method and still no signs of burn through. One thing to watch for is crud build up. I use a standard bottle brush for that.

Randy

Randy