Help FlyRockets.Com On Google

Google ranks a web site based on how many pages link to it.

The more web masters that put links to

the higher the ranking will be in Google.

This is best done if you make a hyperlink to terms people will be searching for. For example, you could put a hyperlink with the words "fly rockets" or "model rockets."

This way, if someone forgets the URL they see on TV, they'll be able to find it in Google.

Zooty

Don't forget to tell your friends and family to watch DSC on Sunday!

I'm teaching cub scouts tonight about American Sign Language. Now, what's the word for "rocket model"?

Reply to
zoot

I put it on my pages

since I am maxed out on 50megs, I can't update the page there.

It already shows up on the first page of google and yahoo when you search on fly rockets.

Nice page! Saw the ad on DC tonight--looks to be an awesome show.

Reply to
David Stribling

I have created two simple banners from Flyrockets header. I am using one on my What's New and Special Links page. These are nothing fancy, but for those that like to have banner placement:

Nick

Reply to
EMRR

snipped-for-privacy@rocketreviews.com (EMRR) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

The banners look great, but they'd be even better with the URL in the lower left corner!

Reply to
David W.

I think the whole idea is to click through to the URL.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

supports your comments and I've even used this method to "jump start" clients' sites.

It would probably be best if the "Fly Rockets" links were placed on the index page, rather than buried in the links page. However, one of my favorite sayings is, "If you have an option, take both". Links on several pages would be even better.

It certainly helps a site get crawled/indexed faster, which can take up to 6 weeks for this to happen. With all of us participating, the process should be accelerated significantly.

Google updates this newsgroup several times a day. It would be interesting to know how links within a newsgroup rank.

While Google promotes the "quality links" rating system, none of us can ensure that anyone will link to our sites, so I focus on what I can to do to influence a high rating. Effective document titles, text that supports the keywords' integrity, and good alt tags seem to help quite a bit. Spend a reasonable amount of time making sure that each page is unique in titles and that keywords match content.

Although I incorrectly call it "high powered rocketry", I must being doing something right, because SkyPirate ranks fairly high at #2.

right under Tripoli.

Two other helpful resources are:

Reply to
SkyPirate

For those that use the Directory service of Google,

can be submiited to the directory editors via the "Submit a site" link at the bottom of the page:

I did NOT submit the site as it requires some descriptive text that I would rather leave to the site developers.

I teach the Directories in my Internet classes because the content of the sites are actually related to their directory category, unlike many of the pages returned on a simple search.

Reply to
Gary

I used the second one at

Bill B

Reply to
Bill Bahus

ahh but if someone DOES NOT CLICK they might glance at and read the url and maybe goto it later.

many times I overlooked a banner clicked something else and then went HEY that looked interesting but off course on going back it was a different banner.

Add the url.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

Reply to
Andrew MacMillen

A banner & button I just created and uploaded to the site:

Andrew MacMillen

I've added the

to the quick banners I made, but I have switched now to the banner Andrew made. Your choice, all the links are in this thread.

Nick

Reply to
EMRR

At the risk of starting a "Me, too" thread, I added links to the Discovery Channel and FlyRockets.com to the tops of my pages at

and
The links are not really relevant to the Nilsson pages, but it's the site I host that gets the most traffic.

-- Roger

Reply to
Roger Smith

I use the R sign (index and middle finger crossed) thrust into the air when talking to my boy. Just think "R is for Rocket."

You can find more specific signs here :

Look under R for rocket, and M for model.

Shawn Switenky

Reply to
Shawn Switenky

Thanks. I punted and told them about the Discovery Channel program in English.

Looks like I'm buying 12 rockets to teach the troop about rockets later on. I don't think they get a belt loop or beads, but everyone seems interested.

Zooty

Reply to
zoot