Help FlyRockets.Com On Google

Google ranks a web site based on how many pages link to it.
The more web masters that put links to

the higher the ranking will be in Google.
This is best done if you make a hyperlink to terms people will be
searching for. For example, you could put a hyperlink with the words
"fly rockets" or "model rockets."
This way, if someone forgets the URL they see on TV, they'll be able
to find it in Google.
Zooty
Don't forget to tell your friends and family to watch DSC on Sunday!
I'm teaching cub scouts tonight about American Sign Language. Now,
what's the word for "rocket model"?
Reply to
zoot
I put it on my pages
since I am maxed out on 50megs, I can't update the page there.
It already shows up on the first page of google and yahoo when you search on fly rockets.
Nice page! Saw the ad on DC tonight--looks to be an awesome show.
Reply to
David Stribling
I have created two simple banners from Flyrockets header. I am using one on my What's New and Special Links page. These are nothing fancy, but for those that like to have banner placement:
Nick
Reply to
EMRR
snipped-for-privacy@rocketreviews.com (EMRR) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:
The banners look great, but they'd be even better with the URL in the lower left corner!
Reply to
David W.
supports your comments and I've even used this method to "jump start" clients' sites.
It would probably be best if the "Fly Rockets" links were placed on the index page, rather than buried in the links page. However, one of my favorite sayings is, "If you have an option, take both". Links on several pages would be even better.
It certainly helps a site get crawled/indexed faster, which can take up to 6 weeks for this to happen. With all of us participating, the process should be accelerated significantly.
Google updates this newsgroup several times a day. It would be interesting to know how links within a newsgroup rank.
While Google promotes the "quality links" rating system, none of us can ensure that anyone will link to our sites, so I focus on what I can to do to influence a high rating. Effective document titles, text that supports the keywords' integrity, and good alt tags seem to help quite a bit. Spend a reasonable amount of time making sure that each page is unique in titles and that keywords match content.
Although I incorrectly call it "high powered rocketry", I must being doing something right, because SkyPirate ranks fairly high at #2.
right under Tripoli.
Two other helpful resources are:
Reply to
SkyPirate
For those that use the Directory service of Google,
can be submiited to the directory editors via the "Submit a site" link at the bottom of the page:
I did NOT submit the site as it requires some descriptive text that I would rather leave to the site developers.
I teach the Directories in my Internet classes because the content of the sites are actually related to their directory category, unlike many of the pages returned on a simple search.
Reply to
Gary
ahh but if someone DOES NOT CLICK they might glance at and read the url and maybe goto it later.
many times I overlooked a banner clicked something else and then went HEY that looked interesting but off course on going back it was a different banner.
Add the url.
Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr
I've submitted FlyRockets.com to the top 20 or so search engines, plus both the Yahoo & OpenDirectory listings. And the pages already have all the meta-junk needed for proper indexing.
Gary wrote:
Reply to
Andrew MacMillen
I've added the
to the quick banners I made, but I have switched now to the banner Andrew made. Your choice, all the links are in this thread.
Nick
Reply to
EMRR
At the risk of starting a "Me, too" thread, I added links to the Discovery Channel and FlyRockets.com to the tops of my pages at
and
The links are not really relevant to the Nilsson pages, but it's the site I host that gets the most traffic.
-- Roger
Reply to
Roger Smith
I use the R sign (index and middle finger crossed) thrust into the air when talking to my boy. Just think "R is for Rocket."
You can find more specific signs here :
Look under R for rocket, and M for model.
Shawn Switenky
Reply to
Shawn Switenky
Thanks. I punted and told them about the Discovery Channel program in English.
Looks like I'm buying 12 rockets to teach the troop about rockets later on. I don't think they get a belt loop or beads, but everyone seems interested.
Zooty
Reply to
zoot

Site Timeline