I've been looking for a less expensive oxygen safe grease for hybrids.

I have been looking for oxygen safe grease for use in my nitrous hybrid motors. I found a grease called Lox -8 that is used on threads. It is made by Tufoil. Data found at

At mcmaster Carr it is listed under part #4538K6

the question is will this work for sealing my orings near the injector?

Thanks, KT

Reply to
kimballt

Please don't use it on Hypertek systems. It's fluorine based.

Anthony J. Cesaroni President/CEO Cesaroni Technology/Cesaroni Aerospace

360-3100 x101 Sarasota (905) 887-2370 x222 Toronto

Reply to
Anthony Cesaroni

As someone who has never used a hybrid but is looking into them, why is a fluorine based grease bad?

Thanks,

-Aar> Please don't use it on Hypertek systems. It's fluorine based.

Reply to
Aaron

Fluorine based greases are highly reactive with a number of organic materials if heat is present. Regardless of what make of hybrid you choose, use the grease that the manufacturer specifies. For Hypertek it's not fluorine based greases.

Reply to
Anthony Cesaroni

That makes perfect sense. Thank you very much.

-Aar> Fluorine based greases are highly reactive with a number of organic

Reply to
Aaron

Thanks,

I called Tufoil and they said if I was going to use Lox8 on oring it should be the grease. The paste would degrade Orings. Turns out that the grease is actually more expensive than Krytox any way so I ordered the Krytox from McMaster Carr.

Thanks again,

Reply to
kimballt

Krytox is also fluorine based and should not be used with Hypertek.

Anthony J. Cesaroni President/CEO Cesaroni Technology/Cesaroni Aerospace

360-3100 x101 Sarasota (905) 887-2370 x222 Toronto

Reply to
Anthony Cesaroni

I have contrail hybrids. But I have thought about getting a Hypertek. What is recommended on Hypertek?

Thanks, KT

Reply to
kimballt

Parker silicone O ring lubricant.