notice of proposed rulemaking comments

in the notice of proposed rulemaking it says

The author of this document is James P. Ficaretta; Enforcement Programs and Services; Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.

ok, so someone tell me why this person should not be relieved of employment? It seems we have an admission of provocations against model rocketry here. maybe a slew of complaints to James's superiors will cause them to finally re-think about attempting to regulate our hobby? or maybe at least stem the tide of low level employees comming up with similar ideas?

Maybe giving Paul J. McNulty,Acting Attorney General a call or two in regards to the misuse of government funds by such proposed rulemakings would help.

or maybe i should just start forwarding it all to the press and let them both worry about their future employment?

Reply to
Tater

Just go with the latter...

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

Either way, our gubment seems so out of touch with people that I doubt that they would actually do anything. What is going through their minds when they put restrictions on law abiding people to prevent them from doing what has always been illegal?

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

Point.

Oh God, now you are going to say I am ...

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

No. You haven't earned that yet. ;-)

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

What goes through their mind is that more restriction puts more power to the government and they can work towards a government where if you don't do what they say you either get shunned to death or stoned to death (remember Iran?)

Reply to
tai fu

when their jobs are threatened, they tend to change their tune.

Reply to
Tater

Did I miss something? What ever happened to Alberto? Didn't he succeed that guy who lost the election to a dead man. Has he too resigned?

Now if we can just clean house tomorrow, and start with a clean slate...

"No Incumbant Left Behind"

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Simple question.. Why should the responses to this be used any more than those to 968?

Face it - the PAD exception for motors is all but dead. The world has changed alot since 9/11. It's more or less a done deal. Letters from

5-10 thousand hobby folks won't make a darn difference.

It's time to plan for "worst case".. Like NAR/TRA giv> >> Maybe giving Paul J. McNulty,Acting Attorney General a call or two in

Reply to
AZ Woody

Good. I am still waiting on confirmation of t-shirts arriving at recipients so I can avoid earning it that way as well.

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

I have the pefect picture for a t-shirt. It will be loved by people in Texas - especially TRA members. I'll see if I can dig it up for you.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

Based on this morning's ballot reading, I'm not confident that the replacements would be better.

Hey Bob, in MN you don't have to be dead to vote :-)

Glen Overby

Reply to
Glen Overby

Very true Glen. But we do have plenty of brain dead voters...how else can we explain Jesse Ventura :)

And for the record...I WAS one of those brain dead Jesse supporters :(

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
tdstr

Exactly the point I make in my response to this NPRM. They've already made up their minds what they are gonna do, and responses mean nothing. Which in itself is illegal, and gives us grounds to challenge any PAD decision, along with the 968 62.5g limit.

I'm also copying my congressmen on my response, calling for them to put a stop to this illegal vendetta from the BATFE against our hobby.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

I understand. Half the offices on my ballot this morning had no opposition. I left them blank.

I think the only possible good result we can get in this years election, at least at the federal level, would be total gridlock for 2 years. And an end to the annoying ads on TV for at least a year and change.

That's only in Chicago and Florida. But could you possibly spare your old governor to come down here and beat up which ever corrupt scumbag wins our governors race?

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

I had two reasons to vote for Jessee: his opponets Coleman and Humphrey!

I suppose I should be carful; Coleman was an early supporter of the Enzi bill.

Glen

Reply to
Glen Overby

That's a good thing? Regardless of how you feel about current events, history shows that gridlock while we're involved in a military conflict only encourages our enemy. More people will die (on both sides).

You can have Kinky, I doubt he'll win Texas. Actually you can have the whole lot! If you want to see the negative effect of gridlock look at the Texas legislature (where both houses and the governor are control by the same party!).

Reply to
Alex Mericas

We've got both houses and the executive controlled by the same party in DC as well. I'd rather have gridlock. Out "two party" system has got so corrupt that neither party has represented me for several decades.

"We want something else"

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Sure one party, the one that's not only on the take but also in jail and supports molsters too.

Plus has a WAR monger in the white house. The reason he went after sadam was only because his old man didn't get the job done.

I'm waiting for their verson of the Vietnam Wall.

Reply to
Starlord

I never do that - I write my own name in - or yours or Chad Ring

Do you think we will get a full year off? seems to me the ' 04 campaign started in ' 02. Hillery Clinton and John McCain seem to be starting presidential talk already

Dale Greene Lancaster County PA - home of the worst electronic voting machines in the state

Reply to
Dale Greene