laptop at launches

98 has USB built in 95 did not until they released WIndows 95 B which had usb support
Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

Has anyone ever gotten a usb device to work with w95b???

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Chris Taylor Jr wrote:

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

Yes a satellite modem with a USB card in the puter.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Or ever get a TWAIN device to work with W95? One of the reasons I don't buy HP stuff any more...

Bob Kaplow

HP stuff is good. The real solution is to buy at least one computer that is recent. The new toys are CHEAP. The nicest printer HP makes for example is on sale at Cosco for $138. They have cheaper ones.

I have PC's from most eras (W95, W98, NT) and Macs from all eras, and HP is near flawless.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

When I bought it (W95 was current, W98 was late...) I got an HP computer, printer, and scanner. The scanner NEVER worked. HP support was useless. Any one want to buy a never used scanner? $1.00 plus shipping and it's yours!

Bob Kaplow

What model? 4c that uses scsi?

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

Trade you for $1 of old useless motors :0

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Since much of this thread has devolved into USB, I thought I might add the following:

Beware that there are some USB devices now on the market that are being advertised as "USB 2.0 Compatible". Well, yeah, USB 1.0 is 'compatible' with

2.0.

GC (__ (__ (_____ (______ TM (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (________ V1.64 (__ (__ (__ (__ (_____ (____ (__ (__ Freeware CP/CG Calculator (____ (______ (__ (c)1996 Gary A. Crowell Sr. snipped-for-privacy@cableone.net

Gary A. Crowell Sr.

OMG!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

VERY true. I am *extremely* over picky about reading and knowing the specs before I buy anything. I am surprised at how many sales persons do not know the subtle (but significant) differences in so many parts they sell.

(LOL... I am even more surprised at the ones that _do_!...)

~Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

HP 5S. Connects via the parallel port between the Hp computer and the HP printer. If the support I got was typical of HP, I'd NEVER buy any of their stuff. And now that they've bought Compaq who bought DEC, it's my impression that it IS the support model they're moving to for the big stuff too...

Bob Kaplow

I have gotten a lot of stuff (twain wise) to work in windows 95

Chris Taylor Jr

Actually to me it appears they've adopted the Compaq t/s route. Compaq's t/s has always been awesome.

I should add that I'm talking about Compaq corporate(deskpro/Evo/Proliant) support.

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d