after the F*U*N is over....

I was promised $300,000 a year when Fun Rockets became self-perpetuating after the initial $30,000 tooling costs. Well, my oh so brilliant partner inflicted compromises into the products to make them more commercial, but were actually antithetical to the same, and I lost most of the tooling.

Anyway, John Carroll wants me to move down with him in Florida and start a model airplane and rocket company with him and a third guy that's supposed to be a vacuum form wizard. Maybe after Christmas.

DGH

But where has this kind of support and friendship been in fandom?

Reply to
doug holverson

These days with the internet I do not see why a person would have to move. The actual labor of kitting is small compared to selling and such. Sounds like a malformed business model to me. Moving introduces costs and overhead that has to be recouped by sales. You have to sell a hell of alot to both pay a salary and moving costs and a new living situation.

Don't count on it. Be a telecommuter.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine