[F-FT] Helicopter Rockets

I notice that there is a 'D' Helicopter event at this year's NARAM. Can anyone point me to past rockets, plans, etc., for helicopter rockets above a 'C'? Just curious.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Sorry, I meant NSL, not NARAM.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Seriously?

Jerry Irvine

Yes, seriously.

I clicked on the link, see a 'Helioroc', click on that, and it tells me the link is not active. Any more info?

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Gee, I suppose it would help if there was a photo or something, instead of just a price.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Only if you are a lookieloo and not an actual buyer.

Hey, where's your website? Then I can criticize you for all the stuff you have not perfected yet.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The above statement implies that you, in fact, do not actually have a real helicopter rocket, just a retail price for one.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I've got plans for a D powered (BT-50 based) Rotaroc. They are paper, not scanned or e-mailable. I would consider the model to be a Skill Level 4.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

shreadvector

George Gassaway's Rotarock design scales up and down pretty well, at least for D12 (and perhaps E9). I've flown D12 versions of my Rotacrock adaption of George's design.

Bob Kaplow

Hmmm, sounds like another one of his alleged scams.. Any one ever seen one of the alleged US/JI, etc., helicopter rockets?

Reply to
WallaceF

It does?

Where?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yes, I join in the question. Anyone seen it?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yea - they come with a T-Shirt. 8-)

Reply to
Phil Stein

Though you asked for plans for a D helicopter, Ken Brown's QCR offers a kit for a competition D copter:

His instructions aren't the most detailed, but his kits are reknowned competition flyers. I've seen guys in competition slightly modify the Estes Skywinder to accept 24mm D engines. You're less likely to win, but you could get flight points, unless your competition is also having a hard time finding a D copter; in that case, you could place. -- Richard "pardon the rhyming homage to the late, shameless Johnny Cocharan" Hickok

And if it hasn't been mentioned already, you could experiment beforehand with flying 18mm Aerotech D reloads in a C helicopter.

Reply to
rhhickok

Not a bad idea.

Reply to