Pat Martindale

7th-8th-9th of May

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Thanks folks.

Reply to
Steve

The question sounds rather like the one - "Why is a mouse when its spins?" to which the obvious answer is:

"Because the higher the fewer".......

Dave

Reply to
speedy

I will be there - anyone who plans to attend, do drop by the stand (#29) & say hello.

Regards, T>Regards

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Hello

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

In message , John Stevenson writes

How about skew bevel gears (drive and driven shaft at right angles but in different planes)? I shall need them when I get round to my 'Climax'.

Reply to
Mike Hopkins

Mike, Bevels are a totally different animal and so far I can't see a way to cut them using a normal hob on this attachment. When you say skew bevels do you mean spiral bevels? as the term skew is normally reserved for types of helical gears. This can be confusing as regards terms but a skew gear and crossed helicals are one and the same, just as a pair of bevels at 1:1 ratio are also called mitre gears.