Harrogate...

Anyone going? I was thinking of going on the Sunday to see if the traders have sold all their wares by then or need reasonably priced help to take it all away. But I'm open to suggestions that another day would be better.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

I favour Friday - probably the busiest day but less of the "sticky finger" brigade around. Sunday at Harrogate is the least likely day to run into anyone you know - it is usually very quiet indeed.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Sunday could be a good day for bargains, but the good stuff might have all gone by then My choice would be Friday, but not practical for me so it's probably going to be Saturday.

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

Saturday, for me, get there nice and early to get ahead of the meandering crowds. We normally arrive as one of the first on the day.. and we are generally still doing the circuit when we realise that the halls have emptied again and the stewards are waiting anxiously by the doors pointedly eyeing their watches for our benefit.

:-)

And SWMBO never complains once, bless'er, even when she is struggling to help me lug great lumps of metal back to the car.

Ian B

Reply to
ticktock

In message , Mark Rand writes

I will be there over the weekend - I'm secretary of York SME so I shall be around our stand at various times..

I'll be wearing my "@" badge....

Are we meeting in the bar at any particular time each day..?

Regards,

Reply to
Pat Martindale

Just when John S gets his wallet out..... :-))

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Funny you should mention that Peter, I suppose I'd better start looking for it ready for Harrogate

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

In article , John Stevenson writes

No point mate, I've heard it's been designated as an SSSI because of the rare moth population. You can't disturb it.

Best get Peter to buy you a pint...

Reply to
Nigel Eaton

I'd love to go but unfortunately it's just too far from Hadleigh for a day trip up there, and I can't stick the diesel cost back into the company anymore - damn!

Has anyone thought of organising an annual UKRME/related-stuff p*** up somewhere nice and central in the country for everyone to get to, or would that be just too big a waste of machining time?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

What abut the Lemington one in October, the old Donington Show at TEE's site ??

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

In message , John Stevenson writes

Try the back seat of the Reliant...

Regards,

Reply to
Pat Martindale

That might well be a good choice. Leamington is pretty much as central as you can get with good links to everywhere. I'd have to make it a weekend with the wife and kids ensconced in an hotel somewhere with promises of trips out & dinner, but that could work out quite well.

I'd be up for that, anyone else?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Sounds good to me. We could draw straws for buying the first round

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Sounds good to me, I could even get the domestic management to drive me there and back :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand