Dr Death's exhibition near the White Hart

I'm going on the Saturday. Will be in the downstairs caff at about 12:30 if it's raining or outside looking at the traction engines if it's gloriously
sunny.
I'll wander up the White Hart at Ufton a bit after opening time on Friday and Saturday.
Anyone else paying (or being paid for) a visit?
Mark Rand RTFM
On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 00:03:10 +0100, Mark Rand

I am intending to visit but for various reasons it can't be till the Monday or Tuesday.
Regards, Tony
from Mark Rand

I'll be there on the Saturday with two ankle-bitters in attendance. They'll want to be on the 'rides' most of the time though, I'm sure.
The White Hart is a strong possibility as well.
JG
I'm at the show the whole time. White Hart is definitely on for Friday and Saturday nights as I'll be gagging - hint
JS.

John, what is happening in Dead Man's Gulch? And is Arc Euro going to be there?
Norm

Dead Man's Gulch? Is that the name of some 'real ale' at the White Hart ?????? lol. Dave

I am not quite at home in the Deep South of England but before travelling into real foreign parts- where and who and what, like?
Canny Laad from the Toon Army
On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 05:33:12 -0700 (PDT), ravensworth2674

I believe it is an oblique reference to the Miserable Model Engineering Exhibition.
Regards, Tony

Nothing oblique about Les Miserables. I may be 'near' this weekend but not next. Sounds like the Freemasons- giving nowt away
Norm

That would be "Dead Man's Gulp" surely...
Regards, Tony

Could someone please explain the 'Dr Death' references to this poor innocent? In a private email if necessary to avoid legal action <G>
I've got family stuff going on that weekend, might go down on the train on the Monday.
Tim

It's a reference to the good Chris Deith that heads the Meridiene team that organise the show. Not my naming but, having seen it used by others, it's too good to avoid.
Mark Rand RTFM
.Thank you, Mark The mist has cleared- well, on that. Hope you all enjoy it
Cheers and thanks
Norman

Tim, there's a canal runs by about 1/4 of a mile away - no excuses
John S.
On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 15:04:33 -0700 (PDT), John S

Its dragging the narrowboat that last 1/4 mile that's the problem...
Regards, Tony

Not a problem, Park narrowboat up just past bridge. Walk up towpath to road and some Myford owning member of the flat earth society will be along in his Moggy minor doing about 8 mph in an effort to improve on his 94 mpg record. Just hang on to the back door handle or his zimmer frame on the roof rack.
John S.

he has a jcb back-hoe on one of his boats ...take that one
he should be able to pull the thing out of the canal ...and crawl along the road ..
all the best.markj

Cut a new extension to the canal?
Meridienne would then do toy boat exhibitions properly. They might even pay for the service :-)
Mark Rand RTFM
On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 17:58:23 +0100, Mark Rand

Ok, I'll set off first thing tomorrow. The speed that thing goes under its own steam, I might just about get there in time (that's without digging any new canals, though)
Tim
Me and me mate plus our management team will be there on Saturday..... well we have to keep management on our side... and we don't have to smuggle the parcels in afterwards.
Alan