Thin Tufnol Sheet?

I'm looking for small quantities (say 200x200mm) of 0.5 and 1.5mm Tufnol sheet - probably Carp brand. Ideas anyone, please? (I've Googled and checked Ebay, without much luck)

Jim Ford

Reply to
Jim Ford

Try Gilbert Curry in Coventry.

lemel_man

'Carp' is not a brand but a Tufnol product with particular and distinctive characteristics.....see

--

Chris Edwards

Oh yes it is! See:

Jim Ford

Reply to
Jim Ford

Thanks, but the site directs you to theplasticshop.co.uk where the minimum order is £25!

Jim Ford

Reply to
Jim Ford

All of the Tufnol grades are brand names of Tufnol, but are not sold without the 'Tufnol' name attached.

We use Carp brand for some contacts in a submarine charger unit, but only in bar form.

Have you thought about fibreglass sheet as used in PCB's ?

Also you could try British Mica at Bedford, they have stocks of all sorts of that kind of stuff and are pretty helpful.

We will be buying from Tufnol soon, but it will be Tufset bar, not the woven material.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Touche O}}

--

Chris Edwards

Not a problem since it's only available in full sheets and that will take you over the minimum order quantity.

Their prices for Delrin look quite reasonable. No help to you though :-(

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

When I was having a look at the Mallard Metals catalogue downloaded from his website I noticed the he said "TUFNOL also available in Rounds and Plate price on application".

When I've been cornered into actually paying for metal, I've found him to be very helpful and he doesn't have a minimum order value.

Bob

Reply to
BobKellock