Light Ebays

I have now built a few avionics bays for different rockets, and they work well. The problem is they are so heavy. I have been using 1/4-20 althread, U bolts, and G10 or plywood bulkheads. Is there any tips you guys have on makying a lighter ebay?

Reply to
Stephen Corban

take ebay motors down. that should reduce teh mass of ebay by quite a lot

:-) hehehe

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

6061 aluminum threaded rod. Unless the rocket is heavy there's no need to use 1/4" diameter rod.

Composite bulkheads

Aluminum u-bolts. Unless the rocket is heavy there's no need to use steel. Aluminum u-bolts have a work load limit of 648-1010 pounds, depending upon model. Plain steel u-bolts with 1/4"-20 threads have a work load limit of about

400-500 pounds.

Dean

Reply to
Dean Roth