MITS electronics?

Just curious, has anyone seen any of the old electronics payloads made by MITS in the 60's-70's era?

-J

Reply to
John Crane

Wasn't the Foxmitter series and the Minimitter one of their products? I had a Foxmitter III I built as a kid and a Minimitter I unfortunately lost these on one of my various moves. They worked as advertised and a simple substitution of one of the transistors in the Foxmitter got it to put out

300mW (illegal) instead of the 100mW stock. The other issue is I think it took an oddball Burgess 21.5V? battery to run. I might be wrong on the battery voltage but I recall it was a non-standard battery. Wished I could find the box that has these gems in it but I think they were lost to posterity 10 years ago.

Kurt

Reply to
Kurt

Nope. Foxmitter was marketed by CMR. I had one of these way back when. Must be in the basement somewhere, but BTSOOM where it got to after all these years.

MITS was Forrest Mims company, and later went on to bring us the Altair personal computer.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Another MITS employee was David Bunnell, who started PC Magazine, then after Ziff-Davis bought it, went over and started PC World and MacWorld.

MITS co-founder Ed Roberts moved to Georgia a long time ago to be a doctor and lives not too far from where we fly high power in the Perry/Lilly area.

Oh, and there were those other two ex-MITS employees... but they moved to Seattle -- Redmond to be exact. No idea what happened to them after that.

Roy nar12605

Reply to
Roy Green

Thanks for the correction Bob. I still wished I could find the units I had because they still worked fine on the CB channel 9.

Kurt

Reply to
Kurt