model rocket igniter used in explosive

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15486483 /
ah ohh
terry dean nar 16158

--
"Old Rocketeer's don't die; they just go OOP"

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

Just forward them hundreds of pages of irrelevant NASA documentation, then claim the ignitor jumped in there and ignited all by itself.
--
Tweak

shockwaveriderz wrote:

Hey Terry,
I'd like to know what kind of hobby shop type of igniter would hold enough of a fingerprint to arrest a suspect? An Estes type of igniter would be just two burnt ends of nichrome and any of the larger igniters would be a burnt piece of shooter's wire. Anybody can buy nichrome and 22ga shooters wire and dip it into powdered sparklers with ping pong ball lacquer. Granted this is bad press for us but anyone can look up on the internet and find out how to make an igniter or a bomb for that matter.
Kurt
kurt: see www.rocketryplanet.com for more info and the atf affidavit.. this guy wasn't the smartest lightbulb in the package...
terry dean nar 161.58
--
"Old Rocketeer's don't die; they just go OOP"

"Kurt" < snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

Why would a rocketry portal put that kind of news on it, doesn't make since to me.
AlMax wrote:

Because it mentions model rocketry. This was one of those igniters that is not an igniter.
--
Rocketry Planet hobby rocketry news, feature articles, news archive,
discussion forums, live chat, free auctions, launch calendar and the

Still , Why would a rocketry portal put that kind of news on it ?
AlMax wrote:

Rewind >> Replay: Because it mentions model rocketry.
Look. I prefer to operate from a position of strength. Knowledge is strength. If someone, anyone, asks me, "Hey, what about that rocketry nut that blew up the Salt Lake City library with a rocket motor," I don't want to look blankly at them like a deer caught in the headlights. I want to cogently, and swiftly, address that individual based on the facts. I can only accomplish this if I have *all* of the information *involving* the hobby. How you use that news is up to you.
Do you think the attorneys for the NAR/TRA lawsuit know about the event? I assure you they do, because they don't want to be caught off guard when and if it dropped in their laps in court. Knowing everything that is going on involving the hobby is the only way to prepare yourself to answer as many questions as possible when the time comes.
--
Rocketry Planet hobby rocketry news, feature articles, news archive,
discussion forums, live chat, free auctions, launch calendar and the

Point !
Only 14 trillion? I would have figured at least a quattuordecillion but I'm not a real propeller head like you. :-)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_reaction
Jest.
Anthony J. Cesaroni President/CEO Cesaroni Technology/Cesaroni Aerospace http://www.cesaronitech.com / (941) 360-3100 x101 Sarasota (905) 887-2370 x222 Toronto

I'd assume it was on the tape strip that holds the wires apart on the Estes style igniter.
Mike Fisher Binder Design http://binderdesign.com

Point !
Binder Design wrote:

Oh,
So that's why I always cut that off. Actuall I remove it as I can store them better.

"Authorities said a hobby shop-type rocket igniter was used in the explosion."
I've never seen a "hobby shop-type rocket igniter" explode. it might be used to initiate some other device. This story looks like it was written by a JBGT, not a real reporter...
Sounds like we should be regulating Sunbeam 60 minute timers and galvanized pipe. Of course our friend Bill's gonna need a GPDP to continue his plumbing business. And of course Arby's bags need to be regulated as well. And Hobby Lobby price tags.
What you just copied does not say that the "hobby shop-type rocket igniter" exploded. What it says was that it was used in the explosion. There is a difference. So what is your point? If arguments are going to be presented to countermine the ATF's argumants, they ought to at least make sense.
writes:

used
galvanized
plumbing