model rocket igniter used in explosive

ah ohh

terry dean nar 16158

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Just forward them hundreds of pages of irrelevant NASA documentation, then claim the ignitor jumped in there and ignited all by itself.

Reply to
Tweak

Hey Terry,

I'd like to know what kind of hobby shop type of igniter would hold enough of a fingerprint to arrest a suspect? An Estes type of igniter would be just two burnt ends of nichrome and any of the larger igniters would be a burnt piece of shooter's wire. Anybody can buy nichrome and 22ga shooters wire and dip it into powdered sparklers with ping pong ball lacquer. Granted this is bad press for us but anyone can look up on the internet and find out how to make an igniter or a bomb for that matter.

Kurt

Reply to
Kurt

kurt: see

for more info and the atf affidavit.. this guy wasn't the smartest lightbulb in the package...

terry dean nar 161.58

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

I'd assume it was on the tape strip that holds the wires apart on the Estes style igniter.=20

Mike Fisher Binder Design

Binder Design

Point !

Reply to
AlMax

Why would a rocketry portal put that kind of news on it, doesn't make since to me.

Reply to
AlMax

"Authorities said a hobby shop-type rocket igniter was used in the explosion."

I've never seen a "hobby shop-type rocket igniter" explode. it might be used to initiate some other device. This story looks like it was written by a JBGT, not a real reporter...

Sounds like we should be regulating Sunbeam 60 minute timers and galvanized pipe. Of course our friend Bill's gonna need a GPDP to continue his plumbing business. And of course Arby's bags need to be regulated as well. And Hobby Lobby price tags.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Oh,

So that's why I always cut that off. Actuall I remove it as I can store them better.

Reply to
Kurt

Because it mentions model rocketry. This was one of those igniters that is not an igniter.

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

Still , Why would a rocketry portal put that kind of news on it ?

Reply to
AlMax

Rewind >> Replay: Because it mentions model rocketry.

Look. I prefer to operate from a position of strength. Knowledge is strength. If someone, anyone, asks me, "Hey, what about that rocketry nut that blew up the Salt Lake City library with a rocket motor," I don't want to look blankly at them like a deer caught in the headlights. I want to cogently, and swiftly, address that individual based on the facts. I can only accomplish this if I have *all* of the information

*involving* the hobby. How you use that news is up to you.

Do you think the attorneys for the NAR/TRA lawsuit know about the event? I assure you they do, because they don't want to be caught off guard when and if it dropped in their laps in court. Knowing everything that is going on involving the hobby is the only way to prepare yourself to answer as many questions as possible when the time comes.

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

Only 14 trillion? I would have figured at least a quattuordecillion but I'm not a real propeller head like you. :-)

Jest.

Reply to
Anthony Cesaroni

Point !

Reply to
AlMax

What you just copied does not say that the "hobby shop-type rocket igniter" exploded. What it says was that it was used in the explosion. There is a difference. So what is your point? If arguments are going to be presented to countermine the ATF's argumants, they ought to at least make sense.

(yet)!

mjd