Honest question: Why do you people take the nonsense from your government

No really, I realized I just posted a lot of stuff in that 'range question' posting and it REALLY is true and from the heart.

The question I have is, why do you people put up with government?

Is it because most of you could NEVER govern your own personal lives?

Is it because you are scared? Independance does have it's pit-falls.

Is it because you have been brainwashed into thinking that the present government is the better of two evils?

Is it because you lack knowlege or insight into your own social/political system? They don't teach rights in most public schools anymore ... well not the ones that really matter.

So why are most people just sitting back and do nothing? Most of you type an 'intelligent'-walk. So why isn't our society and government ran intelligently? Gene-pool pretty low amoung most Sheeparicans?

If you can work with a rocket-sim program, can't you see the error of you social/political ways ... you have been making the same mistakes for thousands (creationists) / millions (evoluntionists) of years. So why the same, lame-nut mistakes?

Are we REALLY that predictable?

Lunar - Can't we all just evolve?

Reply to
lunarlos

Ummm... because anarchy is worse? :-)

Reply to
Len Lekx

You are the perfect example for an answer to your own question; apparently not.

You whine and cry about the society, then propose killing a bunch of people as some type of moronic response to the perceived social ills.

If you want to see the real problem with America, drag your knuckles across the floor and go look in a mirror.

YOU are the problem. Doesn't understand what's happening. Doesn't know what to do about it. Confused. Ignorant. Prone to violence. A quitter.

YOU are them. YOU are the problem.

Plonk.

Reply to
Gary

Typicall predictable responce.. avoid the question and attack. Please answer the questions. Hating me and calling me names doesn't address the issues that I posted ... but afterall, we all all human (unfortunately) and therefore we have a finite number of responces ... VERY finite :(

Lunar - still waiting for answers... guess I'll be dead and our Sun a red-giant before this gets an honest and significant responce ... so I guess I was indeed 'trolling' :)

Hair - Long as I can grow it hair ... home for the fleas in my hair ... hair hair hair long as I can grow it my hair ... :)

Gary wrote:

Reply to
lunarlos

I think what we saw last week is an example of Americans doing something. While I'm not really happy with the exact outcome, I am happy that our political process works to the point that we were able to hold an election during a time of conflict that ended up changing the balance of power in the Legislative branch.

Why would Americans do anything else? On average we enjoy one of the best standards of living in the world. We have an economy that is expanding, even in time of conflict. And on any given weekend we can find a rocket launch within a 100 miles of us (or at least some of us can!).

Of course you'll say this response is predictable.

Reply to
Alex Mericas

I do not reply to this type of question but. If you do not like the government or have lost faith in the government then you two ways to respond A. Leave now and do not look back. B. Work in the system run for office and do the stuff that needs doing.

Donald A. Laskey

Reply to
NASA

Off your meds I see.

Why don't you be a true American leader and fix this problem for us. There is no reason for you to have to put up with the government.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

Short answer; Because it works.

When it doesn't work we change it.

Every couple of years we get to legally overthrow the government. We just did last week. We did it before in 1994. On both occasions, government dysfunction was addressed by voter action.

Yes, you won't get every little thing you ever wanted out of the government. Tough shit. Suck it up and walk it off. Somebody else didn't get every little thing he wanted out of the government either. Life's a bitch.

If this place is so bad, why do so many people actually want to relocate here? Our birth rate is actually in decline. The reason for our population growth is immigration. About six million or so folks are willing to risk deportation and imprisonment to reside here illegally. Sounds like SOMEBODY actually likes it here.

I've seen the third world. It makes me incredibly grateful to be American. The poorest American in Appalachia or the inner city enjoys a life that is quantum levels better than a six-year-old Elbonian factory worker turning out Reebocks for ten cents a day and all the mud pies he can eat.

And sometimes we don't like what's going on and remind our elected leaders that they are working for us, rather than the other way around. That isn't a weakness, it's our greatest strength.

You are guaranteed the right to *pursue* happiness, dude, but you gotta catch it for your self. TANSTAAFL.

Evolution is overrated. During this current interglacial, politicians evolved.

Bill Sullivan

"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography." Ambrose Bierce

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

I put up with my government because they can kill me and now they can disappear me... god bless america!

terry dean nar 16158

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

***Because it works "good 'nuff".
***For twenty years I complained about having idiots for bosses. ***Then I was self-employed for a while and I STILL HAD AN IDIOT ***FOR A BOSS.
***Tearing down bad governments is easy. Building new ones that work ***better is very, very hard and complicated. Fail and you starve.
***It's basic human nature. Hardly anyone ever learns from history.
***Yes.
***It seems not.

+McG+

Reply to
kmcgrmr

Oh yeah. Continuing from the other rant thread, it's VELOSTAT conductive plastic that you use to shield your brain from microwaves.

Velostat, Lunar. Velostat. ;-) Tinfoil hats only make you crazy.

It really does keep the gov't from beaming microwaves into your head. And that technology really does exist.

Keeps your cell phone from frying brain cells too.

+McG+
Reply to
kmcgrmr