political correctness finally makes it way into space

terry dean

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Interesting ... I had business dealings with Alex Pachenko back in the late 1990s. He would first send you 'signed' items, and let you decide if you wanted to keep it. On keeping it, you forward him payment and return the unwanted items. They were fakes, and all I bought were some models and a large hard cover Cosmonaut book ... I returned the same copy that was suppossedly signed by a Russian Cosmonaut.

One item, that I ALMOST bought from Alex was a 'signed' Valentina Vladimirovna Tereshkova post card. Upon examining the signature, the Cyrillic characters were INVERTED!

I said nothing because I didn't want any trouble from him ... I had purchased a rather large set of space items from a friend of his in Florida, and was having trouble getting items. I did get them eventually.

Don't get me wrong, he has some NICE items, jet models, space craft, and photos (N-1 and the the like). I wouldn't go through him for signed materials.

Interesting ... I have also had dealings with Oberg in the past ...he used to frequent this newsgroup and trade alot of model rocket materials.

Reply to
lunarlos