CSXT GoFast Rocket makes it to space

shockwaveriderz

Congrats Ky!!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I extend a BIG congratulations to Ky and the rest of the CSXT crew!! A historic event indeed!!

-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L2

J.A. Michel

Some people thought I was bonkers to propose doing something like this. Way to go! Thanks for proving it can be done.

I'm still gonna try for it myself. Take it one step at a time and win the lottery somewhere along the way......

Chuck

shockwaveriderz wrote:

Reply to
Zathras of the Great Machine

Excellent!

Funny though, from working extensively in freight logistics, I saw CSXT in the subject line, and immediately recognized it as the carrier SCAC code for CSX Transportation...

Railroads in space? Sure! The next "big step" in freight transportation!

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Fantastic! I just wish I'd been there to see it.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Eilbeck

ROFL! CSX rolls through our town on a regualr basis...and that's what I thought when I read the subject line.

--

John

Reply to
John Stein

Hmmm, rocket powered trains, hmmm... :)

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Ack! No! Please, don't bring work into this place! I work a lot with our DC systems, and one of the things we have to deal with is tracking loads, including SCAC codes....

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Ya gotta admit tho' Kevin, even tho' it might not happen in our lifetime, "Space" logistics with regular lanes would be cool!

I can see it now:

"Yellow Freight Space Logistics "FAK Outbound: Four stop. ISS-Moon-Mars-Return loaded FAK" "LGVW: 1.7Mlbs" "AL ME MA FL NJ Mars Ganymede Titan Licensed"

And of course...

"Pilot carries no cash"...

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Well we had a lot of luck on Venus We always had a ball on Mars We're meeting all the groovy people We've rocked the Milky Way so far We danced around with Borealis We're space truckin' 'round the stars

Come on, come on, come on Let's go space truckin' Come on, come on, come on Space truckin'

etc... ;-)

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Space Truckin' - Deep Purple

Well we had a lot of luck on Venus We always had a ball on Mars Meeting all the groovey people We've rocked the Milky Way so far We danced around with Borealis We're space truckin' 'round the stars

Come on, come on, come on Let's go space truckin' Come on, come on, come on Space truckin'

Remember when we did the moonshot And Pony Trekker led the way We'd move to the Canaveral moonstop And every 'naut would dance and sway We got music in our solar system We're space truckin' 'round the stars

Come on, come on, come on Let's go space truckin' Come on, come on, come on Space truckin'

The fireball that we rode was moving But now we've got a new machine Yeah yeah yeah yeah, the freak said Man those cats can really swing They got music in their solar system They've rocked around the Milky Way They danced around the Borealis They're space truckin' everyday

Come on, come on, come on Let's go space truckin' Come on, come on, come on Space truckin'

Come on, come on, come on Let's go space truckin' Come on, come on, come on Space truckin'

Yeah yeah yeah space truckin' Yeah yeah yeah space truckin'...

Reply to
Tater Schuld

Um, it was just a sub-orbital 4FNC rocket guys.

A historically important one, but the main achievement was not the rocket but the permits and overcoming government interference.

Ky and Jerry did that.

Yet another Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The relevant portion of the government is actually bucking the trend and becoming reasonable anymore... FAA-AST now perceives that its best hope for job security is in _encouraging_ the growth of the activity that it is there to regulate... a novel and sane attitude for a Federal Agency!

"Ploase! Build lots of rockets and apply for lots of launch licenses and waivers! We need something to do!"

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker