motor formulas

No, abuse is next door. This is arguments.
No it isn't.
Yes it is.
all I asked is were to start , holy shit you guys are tough ,I may be a newbe on this group but I,ve been watching the newsgroup for two years , yes I have all my fingers .allthough I've had some close calls and have been burnt , My nearest town is fifty miles away and there aren't any groups up here ,[look up munising .mi. 49862]and thse only hobby shop that sells motors is outragious. thats why I got into making my own motors . I stared with Dave Sleeters book.but those are core burning bp rockets mostly.
writes:

(yet)! <<<

www.nar.org
Tony, now you know why rocketry is such a small hobby! Do be careful, but here are some resources.
1) Get Terry McCreary's book, Experimental Composite Propellant. Not cheap, but very good and should explain a lot. You can buy it here, among other places. http://www.aeroconsystems.com/literature/composites.htm Without double checking, I believe there are some formulas.
2) There is some discussion of experimental propellants in the appropriate forum at: http://www.rocketryonline.com/ (Click forum, select Amateur/Experimental, log in as guest/guest). For some reason, this forum does not archive discussion well so its utility is greatly limited.
3) This forum has similar discussion, and also has some formulas: http://newtons3rdrocketry.com/forums /
4) This site also has some formulas (under Users): http://www.rocketmotorparts.com /
5) You might be in the middle of nowhere, but many people drive several hours to launch sites. Look at www.nar.org and http://www.tripoli.org/ for the nearest clubs, go to the club's website and see where their launch sites are located. Since launch sites are often several hours away from metropolitan areas, they may be closer to you than at first glance. You might also find the clubs have a few members who are somewhat closer to you. I don't know what big launches there are in your neck of the woods, but try to find a way to get to one. (Email the clubs).
6) Several people put on classes on making composite propellant. Two I am aware of are: http://www.space-rockets.com/cptech.html (hey, he also has several formulas posted on the website) (Wyoming)
http://mostlymissiles.com/ (Oklahoma)
This should help you get some information and learn more. Making propellant is not something to be done casually (mistakes have consequences) nor is it all that hard to do right. And I will either get a lot of grief for giving you some direction, or the others will skip right over this and keep spewing among themselves.
Good luck.
This is a good answer.
Must confess I didn't understand that the questioner was asking for propellant formulations. I am a little disturbed by the implication that a recipe for propellant equals the secret of a rocket. Nevertheless, there is no reason to respond rudely to an honest question. (As I regret I have done many times in the past.)
Of course the usual disclaimers apply, including
1) You'll put your eye out with that thing; and
2) Void where prohibited.
Regards, -Larry Curcio

appropriate
for
sites
you.
try
am
formulas
propellant
it
giving
spewing
nearest club is in wisconsin about six hours drive

appropriate
for
sites
you.
try
am
formulas
propellant
it
giving
spewing
wrote in message
you might find some of those members of that club are closer to you.
I myslef have driven six hours once to go to the Bong in Wisconsin once. I've driven 8 hours to the Mid West Power.
But my six hours is farther away from you even.
I take it you are in upper MI ?
Cranny Dane
yes I live in the middle of the upper peninsula
wrote in message

Man, I am telling you now, go JOIN A CLUB, and GET A MENTOR. APCP is energetic stuff, and you can and will hurt someone if you don't know exactly what you are doing.
Join Tripoli and get certified. You will save zero money making hobby level motors. The equipment and supplies will cost you a ton, and you will only save $$ if you are making larger size motors. And that requires certification.
If you have no club nearby, where do you plan to fly these motors that you want to make? Are you aware that you need a waiver to fly any rocket that weighs over 1500 grams, and/or contains more than 125 grams of propellant?
Not following the laws of the land and the safety rules of common sense is doing yourself and the rocketry community a big dis-service.
Drive the 6 hours, meet the people that are already doing what you want to do, and find out who in that group lives closer to you. Partner up with them, and maybe you can carpool to the launches. Believe me, IT IS WORTH IT, just to save yourself from hurting yourself, or worse, someone else!
James

but
among
forum
Honestly, join a club. That is the absolute best advice. Join a local rocketry club and fly with them for a while and get certified. 50 miles one way isn't too far of a drive, since I usually drive at least 80 one way to go launch with my local club. Go to www.tripoli.org to find something close by. Then get certified and gain some experience. Find some people in your area who fly research motors and talk to them. Then buy a book. There are a few out there you can find.
There is a reason why people are so tough and why people aren't just willing to volunteer information like that. We don't know who you are, and a couple of quick blurbs doesn't tell us anything other than you are in a hurry and impatient. And since we are trying to protect our hobby, we're not willing to just offer information like that.
SpartaChris - Did you look on the map where he is located? I don't think he has a 50 to 100 mile drive to the nearest club, I think it is more like a 5 to 7 hour drive.

No, an argument is a series of intellectual statements.... That right there DQ's r.m.r.

Good advise.

I'd advise you to learn how to spell advice!!

Right, an argument should contain premises that support the argument.
If the premises support the arguement, even if the premises are wrong, the argument is valid.
if the premises are correct, then the argument is not only valid, but sound.
good is a value judgement, and morning is a vague term.
Perhapes we should be using ,
"I hope you have a beneficial time period before mid day"
Cranny Dane.

Not necessarily.

No it isn't.

No it isn't!

But that was never 5 minutes!
I wrote:

Yes it was!

Yes it is.
PLEASE CITE otherwise ;)
Cranny Dane.

I don't have to, the five minutes is up!