propelant formulas

Hello all. I've had great success making bp rockets and am now thinking of going the next step and trying apcp engines and such ,anyone willing to guide a novice ? please send me some web sites to get me started .have been to,too many googles to think of and cant get any further on my own any help would be much appreciated.I've gotten d sleeters book and made sugar rockets and all sorts of bp variations but am ready to take that "next step" .

Reply to
bubs

Go to

and buy John Wickman's "How to Make Amateur Rockets." While your at it, also get a copy of Terry McCreary's "Experimental Composite Propellant" from
These two books are essential for composite propellant manufacture.

Reply to
Brian/Joseph McDermott

Terry's book is a must have... as the other fellow said........Nakka site pertains to ammoniuom nitrate formulas where as the bulk of experimental motors are ammonioum perchlorate....but the basics are the same and this site is a wealth of motor and nozzle design info....keep you reading for many days....at least it is easy reading and in layman's terms...

Reply to
james hendricksen

Nakka actually focuses on melted and cast sugar motors. Wickman leans towards Ammonium Nitrate as an oxidizer, but the techniques for making APCP and ANCP are essentially the same. His book focuses more on the engineering aspect of rocketry, while McCreary delves into the chemistry.

Reply to
Brian/Joseph McDermott

Reply to
bubs