Mounting suggestion for Microtimer

I recently purchased a Perfectflite Microtimer that I hoped to use in several two stage rockets I am building. Unfortunately the LED is on
one side and the program button is on the other which prevents the simple method of just gluing it to a board.
One fellow at my club suggested gluing a piece of light conducting fiber to the LED. Has anyone done this with the microtimer? Anyone else come up with a creative way of mounting this timer?
TIA,
QM
Quilly Mammoth wrote:

Consider adding the optional beeper, then you can use it instead of the LED for status. If you don't have room for the beeper inside the rocket, you can add a small socket where you can temporarily plug in the beeper during arming. That's what I do with this timer. (You will need to do a little soldering, but nothing too difficult in this case.)
--
Steve Humphrey
(replace "spambait" with "merlinus" to respond directly to me)