Mounting suggestion for Microtimer

I recently purchased a Perfectflite Microtimer that I hoped to use in several two stage rockets I am building. Unfortunately the LED is on one side and the program button is on the other which prevents the simple method of just gluing it to a board.

One fellow at my club suggested gluing a piece of light conducting fiber to the LED. Has anyone done this with the microtimer? Anyone else come up with a creative way of mounting this timer?

TIA,

QM

Reply to
Quilly Mammoth

Consider adding the optional beeper, then you can use it instead of the LED for status. If you don't have room for the beeper inside the rocket, you can add a small socket where you can temporarily plug in the beeper during arming. That's what I do with this timer. (You will need to do a little soldering, but nothing too difficult in this case.)

Reply to
Steve Humphrey