Neat UK site

Link was originally posted to alt.war.nuclear. Y'all may've seen it before, but not me...

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

I second that

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Tod, the book referenced there is a classic - well worth buying or at very least borrowing. I learnt a whole host of things from it, not least exactly how much government apathy existed towards real achievement in the UK at a time when the USA was making huge forward strides.

A lot of the guys mentioned in the book are involved in the British Rocketry Oral History Programme (BROHP) - similar to the NASA Oral History programme that produced the Stages To Saturn and (IIRC) Moonport books, though not institutionally funded. There's an annual conference held each year (the Charterhouse conference) where you can attend lectures on all aspects of the British space programme given by the guys who were there and were deeply involved in all aspects of it.

G.

Reply to
Graham