need electronics/wiring advice

I'm in the design phase of my first electronics project. It will be a 2 stage rocket using a PerfectFlite minitimer3 to ignite the 2nd stage motor
(C11 or D12). My question has to do with running the wiring from the timer to the igniter.
The upper stage is a kit-bashed Fat Boy. Since it's so short & stubby I want to take advantage of all that room in the nose cone to house the timer and battery. The obvious problem is how to run the wiring between the nose cone and body in such a way that the nose cone can be ejected cleanly. I'm thinking of some kind of quick-disconnect on the wires right at the nose cone / body joint. Any suggestions?
-Scott
I would use a pull pin at booster ignition, to make the final contact to arm the system.....
I suppose you could have an electrical conduit down the inside or outside of the body tube.... IF internal, you could sping loaded contacts such that when the nose cone is pushed down and on the body tube , the contacts are made...at ejection charge actvation of the sustainer, the nose is blown off, and the electrical connections are broken and the electrical system is off...
Also take a look at a slide switch concept here on page 3. It could be adopted to make and break electrical contacts based upon whether the nose cone is on or off....
http://www.ninfinger.org/~sven/rockets/ModelRocketry/Model_Rocketry_v02n09_06-70.pdf
shockie B)

want
cone
Shoot, dude.
Warn a guy before posting a link to a 52 page PDF file!

motor
timer
and
oops sorry...I just assumed that everybody has broadband ...like me........400kbps.....yeee hawwww.....
shockie B)

2
nose
You mean they don't?
On Fri, 7 May 2004 14:06:40 -0400, "shockwaveriderz"

How about a thin cable that is about 1' longer than your stretched shock cord. Something like the flat station cable used in hooking a telephone to the wall. It's reasonably light and very flexible. You could either solder it or if you wanted to get creative use a phone jack at either end.
Or possibly those. Look for a cheap coiled headphone cable. Then it could double as your shock cord.
Just musing.

want
cone
I have used a mini head phone jack before , however with an Estes motor the ejection charge force is limited. A 2 pin connector like those used on computer fans might be a better choice. Using a accelerometer based altimeter like the G-WIZ deluxe would handle 2 stage ignition and an ejection charge large enough for wire connector separation . Gary Deaver

want
cone