Fat Boy cluster project help

Hello...i'm kinda new to the newsgroup...so i'm sorry if some1 else has already inquired about the fat boy and modifying it to be a cluster rocket....

I want to modify the fatboy so that it will launch with 3 18mm motors lighting at the same time...i'm thinking of putting the nose cone that performance hobbies if offering for 5 dollars on it also....but since i lack the 100 dollars it takes to buy rocksim, can some1 help me with the design...i would be very greatful. All i need to know is how much nose cone weight i should add...and how high it will go on 3 A engines....3 b engines....and 3 c engines...or is some1 wants to lend me a copy of rocksiim... =) Any tips on building/flying this rocket would be excellent!

Thanks in advance,

-Vishal

Reply to
Vishal

Try one of these two links, you might get some ideas.

Reply to
Al Gloer

Add enough weight to equal the largest engine you want to fly, X how many, + the weight of the tubes. If you don't have a scale, read the package or Estes catalog and it will tell you what they weigh.

Is this your first cluster? If so, you may need to make launch system upgrades, longer, larger diameter rod, power supply.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

mistake: replace CP with CG.

steve

one> C engine. Balance the rocket on a straight edge and mark the CP.

Reply to
default