Need Ferrocene?

We have a couple of drums of ferrocene coming in. Anyone need a pound or two?

Ferrocene makes a nice "strike anywhere" APCP propellant and ballistics can vary over time due to migration and sublimation. The DoD banned it and Catocene years ago IIRC.
I'm sure you'll find more than one taker on this list in any case.
Anthony J. Cesaroni President/CEO Cesaroni Technology/Cesaroni Aerospace http://www.cesaronitech.com / (941) 360-3100 x101 Sarasota (905) 887-2370 x222 Toronto

Oh shoot - I just ordered a drum. Should I cancel the P.O.?

mjd wrote:

Well, that "strike anywhere" APCP will resolve igniter difficulties for lots of folks....
On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 22:00:36 -0600, Kevin Trojanowski

Hmmm, good idea! I might try it. I have a few thousand 'fuel pills' and these are just ferrocene. And I have some powdered ferrocene too...
lucky it's not illegal in australia.
so whats a ferrocene and what is it for? is it made of iron or something?
-- TAI FU

It's an organic iron compound or something like that. They used to use it in rocket fuels. Its mostly used as a combustion catalyst these days (fuel pills for your car are made from it - it's a smelly orange powder). It burns easily and emits sparkles.
organic iron compound... sounds like blood.
-- TAI FU

lol! It's not blood, I assure you ;-) It smells far worse for a start.