New NASA rockets for moon/mars.

Hi All...
I remember some years back... a thread talking about bringing back Apollo type hardware to go back to the moon and mars... Low and behold, looks like they took RMR
advice. Any thoughts?
I like the idea of using one of the SRB's as a first stage for the "smaller" version. I imagine that the SRB would really punch it at lift off... no more smooth rides like the shuttle.. well, until the second stage anyway.
Wonder if those models they showed have 29mm mounts in 'em already. ;-)
HDS
Probably not "punch it". They were talking about not using the top segment. IIRC, the top segment is a pretty high thrust 'star grain'. The other segments look like good old H128 segments scaled up.
Lots of weight on top with that big second stage.
http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/125170main_comparison_full.jpg
http://www.safesimplesoon.com /
Poke around on this website. It says flat oout that the propellant cannot explode. Perfect for you ATFE discussion folks.