NHP epoxies

Anyone have any experience/info on NHP epoxies? Specifically interested in
their 30 min (epoxy 30) and 20 min (clear n simple) finishing epoxies.
Thanks
Reply to
NaCl
I used the 30 minute epoxy on my Level 1 and Level 2 certification rockets and they both came back safe and sound. I didn't use any additives either, just the epoxy and it seemed to hold everything together just fine.
Andrew
Reply to
Andrew Grippo
BSD recommends the 12 minute "mid-set" for their kits. I used that, and their milled fiberglass filler for the fin can area, to build my level 2 BSD Horizon 4". It seems OK to work with. The rocket has survived several nasty landings with fouled parachutes so it seems very strong. Will
NaCl wrote: > Anyone have any experience/info on NHP epoxies? Specifically interested in > their 30 min (epoxy 30) and 20 min (clear n simple) finishing epoxies.
Reply to
Will Marchant
NaCl: if you are asking if you can use these finishing resins as an strutural epoxy glue, I would not advise it..if you want to use them as clear coats on body tube and such they work fine..
shockie B)
Reply to
shockwaveriderz
The finishing resin is for fiberglassing the fin area (fins and airframe in between) on a PML kit (this is the epoxy they sell), the 30 min is for structural work.
Thanks to all for the help.
Reply to
NaCl

Site Timeline