OT: What is RIGHT With America?

Tweak wrote:

Dissent is a crime, Citizen.
Dredd to Control. Have a H-Wagon pick up Citizen Tweak and transfer him to the Holding Cubes until further notice. Notify the Interrogation Squad of his arrival, and have them look into his patriotism. I have suspicions he is involved in plotting terrorist acts here in Mega City One.
And remember, Citizen. I AM THE LAW.
--Judge Dredd
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/september2006/290906torturebill.htm
In article <4525d145$0$498$61c65585@uq-127creek-reader-

Does this mean my libertarian party card no longer functions as a get out of jail free card? Drat, foiled again!
--
Tweak

The media tends to exaggerate bad things. If theres a school shooting the media will act like the end of the world or something. They do this to sell more papers and get better ratings. But I agree, America is a great place and I prefer to be in American than in Taiwan because at least they have diverse culture whereas in Taiwan the culture is very homogenous and it makes me uncomfortable when I am not among them. I think the illegals goes over because they have better jobs than in Mexico. You know Mexican factories and stuff isnt very caring about employee welfare, and pays so little, even less than what you get paid for working illegally. I wish I could come back to America...
--
TAI FU
"The Rocket Scientist" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in
tai fu wrote:

lizardqueen wrote:

ROTFLMAO Larry Lobdell Jr.

Now, now, don't get your panties in a bunch, just keep your tubular nylon on your lizard legs.

It'/s all Jerry's fault!
On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 10:52:57 -0700, The Rocket Scientist wrote:

Very well said! Too many naysayers complain about all the partisanship and mean-spiritedness in Congress. Hmmmm... I do not recall, from recent memory, Congressmen actually physically assaulting one another, or calling each other out to settle their differences "the gentlemen's way". And people refer to Mr. Bush as "the most divisive President in U.S. history". Wow! I guess I was away too long. I did not hear about the recent events regarding states seceeding; and state militias firing on U.S. soldiers in U.S. forts, as they did back in 1861. And I was unaware that recent "anti-war demonstrations" resulted in 1000's of deaths and casualties (such as the New York City draft riots in 1863). I guess I need to pay more attention to the news.
And the so called "gap between rich and poor"? Hmmmm....back during the early 1800's...a common soldier, pilfering the pockets of a fallen officer... could come up with enough "pocket change" to support he and his family, for the rest of their lives. Now *that* is a "gap".
--

Greg Heilers
Best thing about America is that it gets to be right next door to Canada.

biff wrote:

Which is good because their beer is a lot better than ours. But those Canucks STILL haven't gotten bacon right. :-)
Bill Sullivan who still prefers Guinness
On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 08:03:33 -0700, The Rocket Scientist wrote:

Well...the problem is that too many people are afraid to try something beyond the "Big Three Names" (Budweiser, Miller, Coors). If one has the courage, free-will, and independent thought:
http://shiner.com/home.html (Shameless plug for a local, down-home, Texas company.)
:o)
--

Greg Heilers
What is Right ion America, A great deal is good in America jut don't always listien to the media.
The Rocket Scientist wrote:

Yes, but what about elastic shock cords? RocketEngineer wrote: > What is Right ion America, A great deal is good in America jut don't > always listien to the media. > > For 12 eyars I am glad to say I served as a submariner and nuclear > reactor operator. I left my family for 3 months at a time to live vvery > deep in th ocean. I then thought nucelar physics and Engineering at the > Idaho Navy Nuclear trraining center. The new equipment that ran the > controls at my plant I teseted and they now run on several of the US > Aircraft Carriers. A pair of those plants equal one commnercial nuclear > station. Westhouse house was so impressed they offered me a role as an > engineer as well. > > And I've traveled the world and got outside the USA. Here is a > somethings to be pround of., those 18 year old kids that go to sea work > every day of every year and all holidays. They train in schools that > pack nearlt three years of work iin one year. and once they qualify, > they are retested to rigid standards every year. and they serve with > pride and ask very little back. > > Years later I got to give a keynote address at University of Illinois > school of Aerospace Engineeri. I taqlked about how model rocketry and > the Navy gave me a life rich and rewarding. And that the NAR and TRA > aer commited to the edifcation in areospace for youth and students > alike. And I talked about turning a passion into projects and gaining > knowledge. > > I saw the sparkle in that criowd, in the eye of the professors and > studnets. There where some 150 gathereed during the presentation. As I > closed my address, I thought about my Dad, Harry Stine and Admiral > Rickover. Because they all helped me get on that stage. > > when I finished, the crowd did a wonderful thing that I will always > remember, They gave me a standing ovation. I was so taken up with it as > I drove home I got a tad emotional. My wife asked how the night went. > Well I jsut did one of best things I will ever do. > > The moral is this. All of us can do great things if we will to do so. > Press your imtersets and never retreat to a easier path that you gain > nothing in return. > > Look at all we have gained since the 1960's folks. We have walked on > the Moon, solved the riddle of the Big Bang and look at what we have > done with satellites , GPS as a case and point. Sure like any species > we have a few bad apples. Even our leaders make errors don't they. But > we are making progress, that is part of being human. > > > > . > > > > > > > > The Rocket Scientist wrote: > > I am horrified by the recent incident in Lancaster County, PA. And I > > also wonder how things could have gotten so bad. But are they > > necessarily getting worse? > > > > Folks, we've had four presidents assasinated, all prior to 1963. We've > > also had eight unsuccessful assassination attempts, three of which > > happened before 1933. > > > > Does anybody remember the guy in the Texas tower? > > > > I'm old enough to remember the Cuban Missile Crisis. We were all > > taught to duck under our desks if the air raid warning sounded. And we > > all realized that it would not really have been much protection from > > nuclear weapons. > > > > Anybody remember fallout shelters? How about CONELRAD? > > > > I also remember my mother bundling myself and my little sister and > > dragging us in the middle of the winter to get innoculated with that > > new miracle medicine, Salk vaccine. Just about every family we knew > > had at least one person touched by polio. > > > > Both my mother and my father had siblings who died in childhood. This > > was not uncommon prior to the 1950's. > > > > My home was quarantined when I came down with Scarlet Fever back in > > 1956. Do you know of any homes that have been quarantined lately? > > > > Things are not getting worse. We have never had it better. We live in > > an age where child mortality is not just part of everyday life, but a > > rare and unacceptable event. We live in an age where cancer, diabetes, > > heart disease, and an ever-growing list of maladies are not an > > automatic death sentance. And we live in an age where events like the > > tragedy in Lancaster County cannot get swept under the rug, but are > > exposed to the unwavering light of public scrutiny. > > > > It is estimated that there are about 2 million people residing in > > America illegally. If this is such a bad place, why do so many people > > risk imprisonment or worse to get here? > > > > Bill Sullivan > > Proud and grateful to be an American today and in the future.