Paint for polystyrene

Hi all, Not sure if this is the right group, but here goes.

I am in the middle of cutting and shaping a polystyrene block and I would like to give it a decent hard shell. Is there a paint out there that will do the job?

Bads

Reply to
Pete Badham

Paint? No. Epoxy & fiberglass will, though.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Paint? No. Epoxy & fiberglass will, though.

Depending on size and desired strength, paper mache' is another possible solution...

BillW

Reply to
Bill Westfield

how about vac bagging a fiberglass or carbon shell over the styrene (using foodsaver or something...) then dissolve the foam (or leave it in depending on need) to form a tough, hard shell. Then you can paint it with whatever you like.

Reply to
Tai Fu