PBAN - KNO3

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has tried a propellant with PBAN and KNO3? I have made a lot of KNO3/Sucrose motors and just had some PBAN on hand and wondered how well it would perform. Right now I'm thinking these ratios, KNO3/PBAN, 65/35, 70/30, 75/25. Also, I might add some red iron oxide to increase the burn rate.

EC

Reply to
Edward Wranosky

I have tried it with HTPB in several ratios. It wouldn't burn with a torch applied for several minutes. That's with a good amount of iron oxide added.

Mike Fisher

Reply to
Mfreptiles

isn't there software to model these reactions?

McCreary's ProlPel 2.0 comes to mind

- iz

Edward Wranosky wrote:

Reply to