Portable Generators?

O.k. maybe this is not the ideal place to ask, but since a lot of rocket people like to RV it and camp out near the various events, what's your recommendation
for a small, portable generator? I am thinking something QUIET (most important) that would be able to run a small RV air conditioner unit (ours draws about 12-13 amps). I have heard great things about the little Honda and Yamaha units in the 1600-2000W range, but I wonder if they'd really have enough juice to run our A/C. OTOH, I don't want to lug around a 100+ pound monster...
Dale Gribble wrote:

If you want quiet (and us tent campers thank you) then check out the Hondas. The eu2000 might fit your needs. Not cheap. Or if you can afford it, get two and run them in parallel. A friend of mine has that setup for his trailer and runs the AC and his TV together, he says with no problems.
snipped-for-privacy@tejastejas.com says...

I use one from LCT. You can get them from Stickboy racing (good people, I bought mine there and get my race tires from them as well) at
http://stores.ebay.com/Stickboy-Racing
Much quieter than than the Coleman units, and much more affordable than the Honda/Yamahas (but not quite as quiet). I run a 13.5k roof AC unit, tire warmers, and a fridge with mine.
A 2k Honda/Yamaha will certainly run your AC, but those things cost major dinero.
--
Tweak

Dale Gribble wrote:

A friend has a pair of Honda generators (1000W, I think) that can be run in parallel, when he needs to run his A/C. He bought separate, because he then has the flexibility to fire up a smaller unit when that's all he needs.
From 50 feet away, you can barely tell they're running -- if you didn't know they were, you wouldn't ever notice them.
-Kevin
Thanks for your input guys. Looks like I have some homework before I make a decision.
While searching around on eBay I found what looks like a good deal on a EU2000i:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item &0015696014
BUT, then I looked at all the other auctions this guy has:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZkhood1
...ALL of them big-ticket merchandise at ridiculous low prices, no reserves, listed in incorrect categories ('wow, I'm getting a steal because he's listing it in the wrong place!) and ALL of 'em with bidder's ID's kept private (so nobody can warn them).
How does eBay not realize this is an obvious fraud?