Quality portable air compressor

Wish they listed the price of this thing. I like it's CFM rating and it's 9 HP motor and cast iron pump.
http://ciasons.com/new_images/sm-h8025hdc-c_m.jpg

Looks beefy, but its small tank (low reserve) could cause problems as well. Esp for spray painting. For spray painting, you need *gallons* more than cfm of the 'pressor itself. At least to remain economical. I would imagine that unit carries a hefty price tag.... $1500 mebbe? And proly *deafening*, noise-wise.
In testing my new genset, I've found that it handles compressor loads very well -- even my former (stolen) 8,750 W BlackMax (7,500 W continuous) handled a 30 gal Husky compressor (forgot the hp, but it's gotta be a cupla hp) quite well, even when the blackmax was already carrying a substantial electrical load. The fact that the 'pressor is wired for 220 no doubt helps quite a bit, as well
So I would recommend a "standard" compressor plus a separate genset. Generatorsales.com, where I got my 15 kW genset, has a 4 kW trifuel genset, at about $990, and a husky 'pressor from HD will run under $500. Proly not quite as portable as the unit in your link, but MUCH more versatile, on both ends: a decent shop compressor (and surprisingly quiet), and a versatile genset, for proly less than the unit in the link.
I don't think you'd want to run that ciaso in a shop! Not to mention the CO -- which, as I will chronicle sooner or later (if I live), can be staggering -- literally. The CO from gasoline, btw, is proly TWENTY TIMES the CO from the same genset run on nat gas.
--
EA