Product announcement with gratuitous gun picture

http://phblog.pratthobbies.com/?p3

Yhe sick and highly demented mind is the devils playground AND the source for a few wonderments in our lives......JUst ask Edward Teller.

"I was scrubbing the bore", he wrote...
At which point I let out a bloodcurdling cry... "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"
;-)
Don't panic. I wouldn't use a brass brush on this gun. I was pulling felt pads through it with a Patch Worm. It takes a lot longer, but I actually enjoy cleaning guns and rocket motor casings. It brings back good memories.
Doug Pratt www.pratthobbies.com
Malcolm Reynolds wrote:

pratthobbies wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Why, you must be _really_ popular at launches! :-)
Glen
I seem to recall someone making a business out of cleaning motor casings for people, and I'd hate to step on their toes. That said, I wouldn't mind spending the day sitting in the shade at a launch, applying TLC to rocket parts with wet wipes and Super Lube. Keep the cold Diet Mountain Dew coming, and I'd be happy as a clam. Two clams. Half a dozen oysters, even.
Doug Pratt www.pratthobbies.com
Glen Overby wrote:

Why not something like an automatic dishwasher? Rack 'em up and run them thru a wash-rinse cycle. I wonder how automatic dishwasher detergent works on the motors?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

Thanks - when I thought of a brass brush in a .22 barrel, well... it's kinda like fingernails scraping on my brain's chalkboard. (back before I 'knew better' I energetically scoured the barrel of my first .22 with a brass brush on a metal rod, and turned it from a good 50-yard squirrel gun into a good 10-yard squirrel gun).
you want to know bad gun cleaning practice? In the military we scrub the bore with all kind of crap, broken cleaning rods, and we can only use disel fuel to clean the bore... then later we started using military CLP, which is good stuff from what I heard. But I know one thing, lots of guns we had jams all the time, alot of stuck casing (which is a sure sign of bad headspace) and they dont even bother sending it in to get it looked at. I wish I had a headspace gauge but all I need is a field gauge cause I can bet all of them will close on a field gauge, unless its brand new.
We even have a few that blew up, I dont know why, must be bad headspace or something!
--
TAI FU
"Malcolm Reynolds" < snipped-for-privacy@browncoast.nei> wrote in message
Too bad Taiwan cant trust its citizens to own guns... we can only have those fake crap that shoots plastic beads. Wonder what are we gonna do when China decides to invade?
--
TAI FU
tai fu wrote:

Be polite?
Become French?

BOHICA
(bend over,here it comes again)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Don't you have a sword? Seriously, just call "bring it on" George, he's all ways up for a fight, even when China is bankrolling it.
no because swords are illegal as well. Knives over 18 inches (I think) that are sharp is considered contraband.
But thats not to say you can buy a blunt sword and sharpen it yourself.... or even get a steel ruler and sharpen that...
--
TAI FU
"Alan Jones" < snipped-for-privacy@nospam.mchsi.com> wrote in message

In that case,you could make your own guns;a guy was doing just that in Australia,selling them by the hundreds. Sten guns,full-auto,are not hard to make.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
"Jim Yanik" < snipped-for-privacy@abuse.gov> wrote in message
tai fu wrote:

Maybe you can use firecrackers to scare them off. <G>
No what will happen is the good ole ""Land of the free" my ass!" US of A will come and bail your asses out.
DSC